“Fun place to grab a drink and dance” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Venice
Neighbourhood: Venice
Portland, Oregon
“Fun place to grab a drink and dance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Just a clean, fairly calm place to grab a drink and dance. Drinks are decently priced, and the staff are quick and very welcoming. If you're looking for a spot in Santa Monica for some fun, I highly recommend 31 Ten.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Paris, France
“Tasting 31 Ten”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

One of my favorite items was the grilled and raw asparagus with fennel, button mushrooms, and grana padana cheese for $13. The contrasting textures and tastes of raw and grilled worked well with just enough cheese to add a slightly salty richness.

An intriguing menu item is the tempura avocado taco which is a perfect choice for vegetarians and all the Californians who love this local fruit. They make their own tortillas and the usual serving is two for $8. I loved the crisp batter and the soft texture of the avocado with the cabbage, salsa and sour cream, but I found the tortilla underwhelming.

Since I couldn't decide between the wild boar meatball with creamy cheesy polenta or the wild boar slider, the chef made me a mini plate of both :) My favorite was the wild boar meatball (normal portion is $15) because the tomato sauce perked up my palate, but since they grind all their own meat, the texture in both was perfect.

As a non dessert eater, anytime I eat more than one bite of a dessert, it is a great sign. I ate nearly all of the warm molten chocolate cake, and because none of the components were overly sweet or rich, this was a satisfying way to end my meal and evening. The edible gold was a beautiful touch and fresh berries with the fresh cream gave the dessert a lighter mouth feel.

• Visited April 2013