“Up Scale French white glove service but”
Review of Melisse

Melisse
Reserve with OpenTable
Melisse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 682 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: 11th Street and Wilshire Blvd.
Vancouver, Washington
“Up Scale French white glove service but”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Dined here for business with clients that like me greatly appreciate really good dining and wine. We had been told to try Melisse by several people so when the chance came we took it. While we were not disappointed we were not over whelmed either.

The menu depending on how you approach it is wide and varied, a bit over priced for what is served not that I would want a huge plate of food, but I do not think they warrant "best culinary" they are trying.

The wine list is fairly extensive but I think they need to increase their offerings of "lower priced" wines. I was shocked to see the availability of Kistler wines, naturally i broke the bank there! Good old Amex !

All in all I would suggest Melisse

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ghostrider5408

Los Angeles, California
“Great if you can afford... :(”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The most expensive meal I ever had! The bill (incl. tax & tips) was over $1,000 for two.

Just because we ordered a bottle of Opus One, which was itself $550. This is way overpriced, should be about $300 - $350... but guess it is Melisse. Then $150 course per person, which is called "Ten" meaning it offers ten dishes, plus an amuse at the beginning and some more sweets served after the dessert included in the course. So actually it is twelve dishes!!

We left sooo full :) I guess their clientele is pretty wealthy, so $550 a bottle wine is not uncommon. I saw some are priced $3,000 per bottle.

What I liked about this place was all the plates and glasses.. So beautiful. Of course the ambiance was lovely, too. Anyway I felt I was treated like a princess here - LOL

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Yo K
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Melisse unequivocally deserves its Michelin two star rating. The service was attentive, but unobtrusive as it should be at a fine restaurant. The food was beyond exceptional particularly the lobster bolognese. The room was beautifully lit. What a treat!

1 Thank Ferjean
Toronto, Canada
“Best culinary experience I've ever had !”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Melisse was more than just a meal, it was a true culinary experience. We went with my boyfriend for our anniversary last year. The service was great, the staff was nice. We took the 10 courses tasting menu, it was absolutely fantastic. The wine pairings were perfect! It is the kind of meal you will never forget !

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank MarionRoy
Tarzana, CA
“Not as expected”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

having to been many of the best restaurants in the world, and having never been to Melisse, which is literally in our backyard, I had great expectations.

Additionally, I've only written one negative review on TA.

The service was not what you'd expect from a two star restaurant. The food was mediocre. I had the Rack of lamb, which was literally two sliced pieces. (A rack normal includes the bones?) Even though the presentation was always two people for the two of us, we were never quite sure who our "server" was. Not only that, but no one ever asked how our meal was.

A big surprise was at table next to us, when they got the chocolate sundae dessert, which isn't even on the menu. It was a beautiful presentation, and looked amazing!

For $350, I'm not sure we'll be back.

Visited March 2014