“Excellent Meal!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: 5th Street
Description: JiRaffe offers market directed rustic California/French food with seasonally inspired classic cocktails in a casually chic environment. The service is relaxed yet articulate and as elegant as the coastal community of Santa Monica.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had a most excellent meal here recently. A party of four, we were seated on the balcony. We had the good fortune to be there during a "throw back" menu, some of their most favorite meals from the past. We all ordered a different favorite from the past, and all were delicious! The waitstaff were friendly and helpful, and the chef came out to the table to see if we were satisfied, and we were! If I were to make a repeat visit next time we are in town, I would definitely return, and I hope our suggestion to the chef to put some of their all time favorite recipes back on the regular menu.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Average and not memorable food. I also got the sense that when I explained food allergies (like we can't eat gluten) to the waiter he was not paying close attention. You sort of had to cross your fingers that the food was free of the things you don't want. I would not recommend this restaurant to those with food allergies.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

One of the best meals we have had in three months of living in the US. The food was thoughtfully prepared and beautifully seasoned and presented. The amuse geule of mushroom soup was sensational. We sat upstairs watching the locals at play over the balcony, the restaurant is not stuffy and the owner chef is very much in evidence working the room and overseeing the kitchen. Book a table, an opportunity not to be missed.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

From the three meals we had in our group, although the food was good do not think it deserved the rating of best restaurant in San Monica. Help seemed very rushed, tables very close together.
Service average, but friendly.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Came here on a whim and we weren't disappointed. I ended up with the trout and my girl had the ravioli. Both were outstanding. The servers were friendly and even a touch comedic and charming. This place can get rather loud at times, but it's not a large space. It may be a touch on the expensive side, but overall the quality is there.