“Good Ole American Breakfast”
Review of Omelette Parlor - CLOSED

Omelette Parlor
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We came past this place whilst staying at Venice Beach. I must say this this was exactly what thought was an american breakfast should be:

Eggs (Any Way) - Check
Crispy Bacon - Check
Waffles - Check
Pancakes - Check
Bottomless Coffee & Fresh OJ - Check Check

Let me put it this way, we stayed in LA for 3 days and we went to this place for breakfast twice... That how much we like it! Decor is what i had in mind when visiting a USA style diner, wooden counter, high chairs, white apron waitresses and waiters, friendly and attentive service.

Enjoyed our time there and would recommend this to all to visit.

There are newer reviews for Omelette Parlor

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We went there as it looked half decent, and that's all it was.
We overheard that it is closing down because the lease has run out, and that seems to have infected the staff with a who cares attitude.
Shame because I'm sure it would have been much better in its prime.

1  Thank Jimwatson52
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Quaint little restaurant with beautiful wooden setting! Stunning pictures dating back to 1925! Food portions to die for! Delightfully prepared and Delicious! Marcel had the sexy omelette.... Not good for my heart when I am dieting. Exquisite in every sense!!!!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I expect more from a restaurant that rates in the top ten percent in Santa Monica, California. I went here very early on a beautiful fall morning after a walk on the beach. There was nothing special, other than the large size, about the omelette, or the tomatoes, ham or cheese I had in it. The orange juice didn’t have the taste of truly fresh squeezed, and the wheat English muffin was nothing to give up toast for. The service was not at all friendly either. When you have enjoyed the best meal of the day, breakfast, at a place like Mama’s on Washington Square in San Francisco, there is no way you can rate the breakfast at the Omelette Parlor as excellent or even very good. Enjoy a Santa Monica walk on Main Street, or along the beach, as it may be the best part of going for breakfast at this eatery.

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed four days in Santa Monica and we had four excellent breakfasts here! Lovely place, very nice, clean and the outdoor patio was very beautiful! The stuff is very friendly.

1  Thank Kamila S