“Great breakfast, great view” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #117 of 672 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great breakfast, great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at The Georgian for 2 nights and had breakfast each day on the terrace. The food was very good, the service great - the staff even remembered our drink / coffee preferences on the second morning. It is a lovely way to start the day - good food and amazing view.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Las Vegas, Nevada
“GREAT LOCATION, HORRIBLE COCKTAILS.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

It pains me to write this review, as I have traveled to Santa Monica several times and been in awe of the beauty of this hotel. My review of this hotel/restaurant is limited in scope to the one cocktail I purchased there, the Paloma

Foremost, it should be pointed out that the location is amazing. As with several of the other restaurants in the area the porch has a view of the ocean/pier/sunset. If you are looking for a relaxing place to watch the sunset and enjoy a drink this is a great place.

Hoping to do just that, I sat on the porch and ordered a Paloma. I try not to be a cocktail snob, but considering that they cost $12 each and the hotel is around $400 a night, I had high hopes. They were dashed as soon as the Paloma was brought to my table.

Foremost, it is served in a soda glass with a straw. A cocktail should never have a straw in it unless it is a small red mixing straw. Second, for those of you who don't "Habla Espanol", "Paloma" is Spanish for "watered down grapefruit juice mixed with too much club soda". So while I had hoped to enjoy a refreshing cocktail, I instead slugged a nasty grapefruit concoction. Due to my aversion to drinking cocktails via staw, I stubbornly sipped the cocktail only to realize the the club soda lay on top of the cocktail, so my sips tasted like club soda run through a dirty hose that once contained some fruit juice. My only other option was to use the straw, which I did for a few sips, only to find that the bottom just tasted like grapefruit sludge.

To add insult to injury, I am pretty sure there was no alcohol in the drink. I realize a good cocktail isn't supposed to burn or *taste* like alcohol, but this just tasted like grapefruit juice and club soda, which is actually a pretty disgusting combination when you think about it.

To conclude, I made better cocktails when I was a kid stealing booze at family weddings (hello Screwdrivers!!!!).

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fontucky
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

really enjoy the food lots of food they even cook an egg for our dog sat outside for a wonderful view of the ocean

Visited February 2014
Santa Monica, California
“All That Glitters Is Not Gold”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Went Christmas Eve with wife and friends to the Veranda. This restaurant is in the lobby of the Georgian Hotel. How could I go wrong? The atmosphere is wonderful the Georgian dating back to the golden days of Hollywood. The prohibition Speak Easy still as it was in the basement.The area magnificent overlooking the Pacific Ocean and just one block away from the 3rd Street Promenade. The Veranda is not a big operation. With 2 Servers, 2 Busboys a Bartender, Hostess and a Manager helping you would think they have it under control. They don't. It took 25 minutes to first get the Server to the table. The table wasn't set. 25 min later they put silverware on the table. Forgot the knives but here I am being picky. Ordered drinks and appetizers. Took 30 min to bring them to the table. The main course came 1.5 hours later and then all guests were not served at the same time. They were gracious enough to supply my party with a second cup of bar nuts to fill the time. The waitress blamed the kitchen for having only one chef on duty. However I noticed my pork medallions were luke warm and dried out from sitting too long on a counter. My guests also complained the food was not warm. Frankly the service was so awful they should have offered free meals in compensation for the abysmal service. Oh...they did bring the bill promptly....small consolation.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Edgewater, Maryland
“PERFECT!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Great service, wonderful food, good price and the view....amazing!! The sunset is NOT to be missed!!

Visited October 2013