“LOVE”

Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I love Laila. I love Athena. I love everyone at Palihouse. My favorite home away from home. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

We love our guests! We love your five star review! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and I were in LA for 3 nights, as a stopover on our way to Canada. We had looked at many hotels on Tripadvisor trying to decide where to stay, Adam ended up surprising me with PaliHouse! It was our anniversary during our stay and the bottle of wine in our room made it feel like the staff cared we were using their hotel to celebrate. Much appreciated.

Positives of hotel:

Outstanding customer service from Majid and Dan (great restaurant recommendations etc)
Amazingly comfortable bed
Spacious room with wonderful quirky decor
Gorgeous courtyard (we were travelling with our 19 month old daughter so it was wonderful for her to have somewhere to run around)
Wonderful lobby to chill out in
Bikes for hire which is excellent for riding along the promenade

Negatives:

Breakfast took quite a long time to come both mornings we ate at the hotel (40 minutes) but the food was healthy and not the normal huge American portion sizes which we appreciated! Fresh carrot juice is a winner.
Bathroom is small but that is expected in historic buildings and just fine for a few days

Overall absolutely wonderful place to stay, we will again!! Finally, I must mention how happy we were to get an early check in after 18 hrs in transit with a baby from our home in Australia! That set us up for a fab few days exploring. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear TrudyHall,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for your five star review! We were so pleased that you and your husband chose to stay with us on such a special occasion. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the services of Dan, Majed, our comfy beds and our bikes for hire.

I am sorry about the delay on your breakfast. We have recently changed our menu, we are now featuring a new menu of exciting breakfast and lunch items utilizing fresh local ingredients from our neighborhood farms.

Thank you again for staying with us. We all look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel was opened in the fall of 2013. It is located on a quiet residential area two blocks from the beach and 3rd Street Promenade and restaurants. Due to historic property bathrooms are small but room very comfortable and huge closet. Sort if a cross between a large B&B and a hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear AKACohen,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for your 4 star review. We are so pleased that enjoyed the hotel so much. We are all looking forward to your next stay with us. Thank you again.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This hotel is amazing. Amazing service. Amazing location. Amazing and unique property. And amazing rooms. My family and I stayed there recently because many of the rooms come with full kitchens which makes life with small children much easier. But even with the kitchen we still took advantage of the room service which is very fair in it's prices especially compared to all the hotels in the area. I was in Santa Monica for business but brought my family with me because of the length of the trip. The location of the hotel, so close to the beach and the Promenade made it easy on my wife. And the service can not be beat, the people at the front desk really understand customer service, especially Majed who made every day of our stay....amazing.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear David,

Thank you for those kind words! I am so pleased you and your family had a wonderful stay with us. It was a pleasure having you here. I hope to see you guys again real soon :)

Cheers!
Majed

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Loved my 5 night, 6 day stay at PaliHouse Santa Monica! My room was a Grand Studio residence overlooking the front courtyard. I used the kitchen quite a bit and had everything I needed including a high speed blender. Any noises I heard were muffled and did not bother me. The location is super for walking, biking and exploring. Two blocks west is the beach and about six blocks south is Third Street Promenade and the other directions are neighborhood houses.
Especially helpful with ANY and ALL questions, suggestions was Majed at the front desk. Like having your brother to help with anything you need. Thank you Majed! And all staff and housekeeping were friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Afdinhouston
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Afdinhouston,

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and thank you for a five star review. We are very lucky to have an excellent staff, including Majed, that enjoy providing our guests with anything and everything! We are all looking forward to your next stay with us.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This boutique hotel is gorgeous. Very well designed, excellent food and beverages , friendly personable service. This place will be booked out and exclusive in no time at all. Stay while you still can. Majed is warm and welcoming, Jason is jovial, Aiden makes the best cappuccinos in LA! Drop by stop by, stay a while!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Andekr,

Thank you for your recent stay, and thank you for a five star review. We are all so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your review with Majed, Aiden, Jason and all of the staff that made your stay with us so special. Please let us know when you will be returning; we are looking forward to it! Thank you again

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I have based my review on value for money which this hotel does not meet the expectation that the cost sets.
We stayed for a week in a suite which was very spacious with an eclectic mix of furniture, the lounge was huge but contained little furniture. Kitchen had enough utensils to make some lunch but the appliances especially the kettle were a nightmare! The kettle was one you heated on the job which took forever but also didn't whistle when it was done so was easily forgotten about also once boiled the handle was too hot to actually pick up. There were no complimentary tea or coffee facilities, everything was charged for. The bathroom was tiny and because of the age of the hotel it never felt completely clean although the rainfall shower was very powerful (one of the best things about the room). Bed was very comfortable, nice comfy pillows too and great tv in both the bedroom and lounge. The bedroom had a 'wet dog like' smell the duration of our stay and you could hear the music from the lobby in the evening (late evening, when we were in bed) also could hear the other guests flushing toilets, rolling suitcases and people/traffic outside. The crib they provided for our daughter was a tacky travel cot.
We ran out of tissues during our stay (our daughter had a cold) and they were never replaced, only a tiny thing but when your paying a lot of money to stay here then you would hope they would top up your supply daily.
Location is great and felt very safe, they charge $39 to valet your car which we refused to pay, we found a street a few blocks away that you could park on for free.
Overall the service offered did not meet my expectations for the price you pay, I get the feeling they don't feel like they have to offer a great service and they think the hotel itself is nice enough to warrant the price you pay-it's not!!

Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank gillyf15
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear gillyf15,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Palihouse Santa Monica. Also, thank you for your recent tripadvisor review. We always appreciate any feedback about our property, our service and the product that we offer. It is the only way that we can continuously improve.

I am pleased to hear that you found your suite so spacious and well designed. We took great care in attempting to create an atmosphere of comfort combined with exceptional design when reinventing this beautiful building. While the building has its limitations (smaller bathrooms), it is a one of a kind experience to stay in an amazing historical landmark in Santa Monica.

I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the tv’s and the bedding. Our large flatscreen tv’s with premium channels and our 100% Egyptian cotton linens are just two of many touches that we thought would be well appreciated by our guests.

I would like to apologize about some of the difficulties that you had during your stay. While it is our staff’s intension to always anticipate our guests needs and provide anything that will make your stay more comfortable, any requests for missing items in rooms or additional items to make your stay more comfortable will immediately be addressed if you simply notify one of our staff members. We are more than willimg to provide extra tissue boxes, a different type of crib or kettle or anything else that you would like. Please feel free to ask on your next visit with us.

And finally, I am sorry to hear about the level of service that you received. We continuously instruct and train our staff to provide a level of service that is unmatched. Apparently you did not receive such service, and for that, again, I apologize.

Nonetheless, we appreciate your stay with us, and we look forward to your next visit. Thank you, again.