“Superb!”

Water Grill Santa Monica
Reserve with OpenTable
Water Grill Santa Monica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 699 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Description: For over 20 years, Water Grill has sated the palates of fish lovers. From the moment it opened, this flagship downtown restaurant from King's Seafood Company has satisfied the need for a world-class fish eatery in Los Angeles. Hailed as "the best seafood in Southern California" by the internationally recognized Zagat Guide, Water Grill has consistently offered dazzling fish preparations of superior quality and freshness
Reviewed 9 August 2014

While in CA, I had lunch here with 2 friends from our working days. We all had been to the downtown Water Grill which was always very good. This one in SM is new to me and turns out, I believe, to be on the site of the old I Cugini restaurant but totally renovated. It is large with an open air front looking out onto Ocean Ave. and the ocean. It is well designed and really pleasant for a lazy day lunch.

And the food is really special and well prepared. We shared a starter of a dozen oysters---excellent. I had grilled scallops with grilled vegetables in a brown sauce. Sounds odd but it was an exceptional dish with the large scallops cooked to perfection.

The service was friendly, informed and thoroughly pleasant. Our server, Nicole, was very nice and added very much to the fun dining experience.

I go to CA once a year and the Water Grill is now on my must do list!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The Chilean sea bass was excellent. My ceviche appetizer that the waiter recommended was also good. But I wish he would have told me the price — it was so much more than my entree and I was not expecting the $130 bill - just for ME - at the end of the night. (No drinks. No dessert. Just food.) What I ordered was excellent, but won't be returning again unless it is a special occasion.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We went to Water Grill on Tuesday the 29th for my sons Birthday. Fun evening, great crab, fabulous service by Molly

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My Wife and I hit this place yesterday for some oysters and a glass of wine....
Great oysters.....Wine list was a bit pompous for me....I am a great wine lover and it is pretty much the only thing I drink. There are so many great wine for a lot less money...I love New Zealand style Sav Blanc, and they have one of the best Cloudy Bay.......BUT $20 a glass....Really I know its and expense wine as I am in the business ( Restaurant not wine Business), so why not put on a great wine....like White Haven....brilliant wine for about $11 wholesale!!! Apart from my wine whine nice spot Great people watching...Might try it for dinner

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We tried a dinner from dineLA 2014 menu - $45 pp. With an addition of 2 cocktails (1 for each), choice of side dish for each and coffee for one, it came up to $145 (before tip). Claim chowder was amazing, sword fish was a little dry to my taste, but still good. Altogether we enjoyed our dinner and the time spent there. The service was excellent! There were people waiting to be seated (it was Friday night), but we didn't fill rushed at all). Every few minutes our waiter or somebody else from personal including a manger would stop by to check on us. To avoid disappointment of not getting a window table, we didn't ask for any specific location. We got seated by the table in a second row from the windows, so we still got a great view.

1  Thank Inna C