“Amazing place to have a teen birthday party!”
Review of Pacific Park

US$148.99*
Santa Monica and Venice Beach Segway Tour
US$169.00*
and up
California Beach Cities Day Trip: Long Beach, Huntington Beach, Venice Beach...
Ranked #6 of 106 things to do in Santa Monica
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Family amusement park located on the world-famous Santa Monica Pier features 12 rides, 14 midway games, restaurants and shops.
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I've lived in LA for 25 years and when my daughter wanted to celebrate her 13th birthday here I almost collapsed because I couldn't think of a worse place to spend my Friday night. Boy was I wrong. Not only are the party planning sevices amazing, the cost was incredibley reasonalbe for a private cabana and a person that helps you with everything and stays with the party all night. I even paid the extra $50 to have my daughters name light up the Ferris Wheel for the entire night. Because the kids are 13 we let them run around on their own. The general pier atmosphere has been entirely cleaned up and we felt very very safe letting the kids run around on their own especially because they always had a place to come back and hang. This ended up being the best and easiest party we ever through for our daughter and she and her friends were ecstatic. Even "Inky" the Octopus came by to say hello which the teens loved believe it or not! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for an easy place to have a party. Now every time we drive by the Santa Monica pier it will always have a special meaning to her!

2  Thank yellowsunfish61

Reviewed 23 August 2011

Our family purchased the GO Card:Los Angeles while on a recent trip to California. One of the attractions included with this card was Pacific Park. After enjoying lunch at Bubba Gump's, our family redeemed their ride all day passes for the park while waiting for our Starline Tour. The rides are very expensive when purchased individually. We probably would not have purchased tickets or passes if we had to pay for them without a discount, but this attraction was well worth the cost because it was included in the cost of the GO Card. We enjoyed hopping on quite a few rides for about an hour and a half. It was a good time filler before our next attraction. Look into purchasing a GO Card while in Los Angeles (and other major cities). You can do as many attractions in a day as you can fit for one low price. We visited three major attractions for about $70 which would have cost us well over $100 if purchased seperately.

1  Thank Margie123789
Reviewed 23 August 2011

A birthday party at the Santa Monica Pier sounded like a great idea for our 6 year old's party. We inquired via phone, only to get an answering machine message that directed us to their website. At first look the prices aren't too bad so we went ahead and booked our party online.
That is when things turned for the worst. Regardless of which package(s) you choose you will have an 18% service fee added to the total bill. I am familiar with extra charges if certain number thresholds are met, not the case here. They have minimums and if you meet them they will still charge you the 18%. On top of all this they have a nasty policy of refunding none of the required 50% deposit.
The ride wristbands don't work for "games" or "special rides" like rock climbing or the bungy bounce.
Why they don't advertise the actual price is to begin with.
Why do they need to keep our entire deposit when we try to cancel 2 weeks in advance. The pier did not purchase anything special for us or have any expenses due to our plans.
In closing it is sad to see a place promote itself as family friendly while it engages in predatory and deceptive practices. Shame on them. Lesson learned.

21  Thank eXploreSantaMonica
Reviewed 11 November 2010

Pacific Park has more rides geared towards children, so if you are a couple in your 20's and 30's with no children, there isn't too much to ride. We rode the ferris wheel (had to ride it after seeing it so many times on TV) and the roller coaster. The roller coaster wasn't much, but I wanted to say that I rode a roller coaster on a pier in my lifetime. The rides were a bit pricey, but sometimes you can find deals or buy an all-day pass if you are going to ride on lots of rides. We just purchased individual tickets since we were only riding on the two rides. Overall, it's a better place for children since many of the rides are like carnival rides, but I would greatly recommend the ferris wheel to everyone.

Reviewed 13 May 2010

The park is well maintained. We felt the ride tickets were pricey, there wasn't much variety and there is a parking fee as well. But the beach and restrooms were clean. Ride the ferris wheel and you'll get fabulous views of the ocean. There were performers on the pier, some entertaining, others not so.