“A Taste to Remember”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I hate fighting for a table at the flagship on Montana, but once you're seated there's no doubt the F.O. burger and the unbeatable selection of beer make the pains a passing memory. Typically, I'd take exception to my need to customize my burger being taken away from me, but there's no doubt the F.O. burger is a concoction not to be trifled with. Dry-aged beef topped with caramelized onions, Maytag/Gruyère cheeses, applewood-smoked bacon compote and arugula served on a soft roll. It's a damn-near perfect gourmet burger.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Father's Office epitomizes Commodification meets Survival of the Fittest spawning erotomania at best, and harassment at worst.

Being that there is no table service...finding a table is TOP priority. Stalking is not optional.

Put your game face on and commence mission reconnaissance. The palpable power struggle between squatters and those who are waiting for a table, juxtaposed with the absence of structure and order is diabolical.

The inherent relationship between the quest to experience new restaurants and compile new favorites makes Father's Office the beginning of a hostile relationship.

The Office Burger is served between a hoagie roll with caramelized onion, applewood bacon, gruyere, Maytag blue cheese and arugula. As soon as the burger reaches your mouth, your olfactory nerves will be aroused as the aroma quickens your heart beat. The creator of this burger is passion realized.

Frites are shoestring fries served with garlic parsley aioli and the superior Sweet Potato Fries are paired with roasted garlic, cabrales blue cheese aioli.

Hawaiian Butterfish seared rare with caponata, "black" olive oil, and crispy carole nete. As soon as I gripped my teeth over the Butterfish, the violent rush of vitality coated my mouth and all was right in the world.

Organic Brussels Sprouts with pine nuts, sherry vinegar & topped with crispy Serrano are charred and pair well with the savory burger.

Salt Cod Brandade Fritters with piquillo gastrique, pimenton aioli and olive soil are inventive and tasty. The fritters are encased in a crispy exterior with a moist filling.

Fox Barrel Pear Cider from Colfax, California, is 100% natural, gluten free and served on tap. Perfectly delicious.

Be steadfast and optimistically vigilant.

1  Thank Dachonger
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Great burger, Great beer selection , Service was missing . It's small ( not a reflection of my review just a warning ) so seating can be tough . the food was good and the beer selection great ( not much else if that's not your thing) , but if i'm spending premium money on a burger , $$$ , then at least pretend like you appreciate it a little

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My friend, who is a LA native, wanted to eat here. Only problem: he is now in a wheelchair because of recently diagnosed brain cancer. We were completely ignored when I asked if one of the staff could help us just put together some seating (5 of us). The front person said: you find your own seating. No offer of any help. During our meal, my friend tried to wave down one of the waiters at least 4 times for help. We just needed an extra plate. We were completely ignored. Burgers are good but don't go if you have any disability. Staff could care less!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I don't drink beer and their selection of wines is quite limited (like an afterthought). Considering where they are located it would be nice to have a better wine list and better service at the bar. The time for surly bartenders in Santa Monica is past, and it is a shame that this location tries to impress with an attitude that does not become them. After all, this is a glorified beer hall. I still recommend the food, though, as their cheeseburger, salads, lamb and other dishes are impressively tasty. Someone in the kitchen cares enough to delight the customer and for that I am grateful. Try their newer location in Culver City and compare the service. The Father's Office used to be a place to hang out in Santa Monica but times are indeed changing; or maybe I am getting old and more demanding.