“Good Food and Free Corkage”
Review of Z Garden

Z Garden
Ranked #228 of 682 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
McFarland, Wisconsin
“Good Food and Free Corkage”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Z Garden blends Persian cuisine with an informal atmosphere - kind of a bridge between fast food and a formal restaurant. We live near Z Garden and eat there several times a month.

One big thing to remember here in Santa Monica is that it's one of the few restaurants that allow you to bring your own wine free of charge.

• Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Manhattan Beach, California
“Not Impresed”
Reviewed 17 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I really wanted to try and like this place. I love Mediterranean food and am always looking for new spots. I'm surprised this place has such good reviews, here are my thoughts:

1) Service was really off. Is this a sit down place or an order at the counter, get a number and they bring food to you? Well I guess it's both. We got seated at a table but other people went up to the counter and ordered. Not a good business model. Second, the wait staff seemed very confused. We had one person who brought over bread and then a few minutes later someone else came over to bring us bread. Same happened with drinks and condiments for our food. Maybe one waiter per table would work better for them.

2) The food. We started with the hummus which I did not think was anything special. It was a heaping portion but flavor was lacking in my opinion. I ordered a wrap with fries as my meal and there was literally one tiny piece of meat in the thing which was wrapped in pita. All I tasted was pita and lettuce. What a waste.

While the price was very affordable, I can't say I would come back here. Their model was inconsistent and the food was not good.

Visited November 2013
ZGarden, Manager at Z Garden, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Hi I sorry about what happen as small business we like to get 2nd chance from you and we like to offer you complimentary lunch or dinner.
just show this message to any of us

Chedi
zgardensantamonica@yahoo.com
310-795-7741
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Wonderful Mediterranean Food at modest prices”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Found this great little restaurant on Wilshire Blvd. near the beach and loved the food and the prices. It's right across from the north entrance to Santa Monica Mall and parking is tricky but even if you have to pay for parking, you'll save it on the cost of a great meal here.

• Visited November 2013