“This was disappointing-”
Review of Amazing LA Tours

Amazing LA Tours
Ranked #7 of 41 Tours in Santa Monica
More attraction details
Owner description: The trusted name for tours. We offer a huge selection of Los Angeles attractions with products from Disneyland, Universal Studios, City Tour, Celebrity Homes, TV Tapings, Sporting Events, Las Vegas, and much more. We offer complimentary hotel pick-ups and drop-offs in the Santa Monica, Marina Del Rey, Venice, and LAX airport area.
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The beginning of Tour #1 started well, and our guide was knowledgeable about the areas we drove through. However, before he let us off the bus in Hollywood, he didn't give us any café or eatery suggestions. We did have limited time, but it would have been nice to know what our options were. Before I purchased the tickets, I was not told by the company that we were not allowed to drive up Mullholland Drive to see the famous "Hollywood" sign. Instead, we were given a stop at the infamous Rodeo drive, which is useless if you have kids. Boring.
We were not allowed to eat snacks on the bus either. The bus was also not allowed to drive up or down side streets to see ANY of the "Stars" homes. Apparently there are new city ordinances which the tour company is not disclosing in their promotional materials. Children who are 12 are charged as adults at $65 each. Certainly not worth the money, whatsoever. Don't forget the tip that is expected!
I would not recommend this tour company to anyone visiting Los Angeles.

1  Thank AmyO590

Reviewed 16 February 2014

It all started out very well with great and knowledgeable guide who gave us good insight to the history and what was going on in general in LA. However, prior the tour, we had specifically asked whether we would see any famous houses, as this was important to our kids, and when asked at the beginning of the tour we were told 3-5 houses at max. We did only see 1 house approx. 300m away, so in essense, we did not see any. The hollywood sign was approx. 5 miles away and you had to have a very strong lens on your camera to get a picture. We also had to drop off people at Universal Studios, which had nothing to do with the tour and took some extra time from the actual tour. And finally, the tour was not cheap at USD 250 for a Family, so did not feel we got our Moneys worth. I would definitely go for an open bus Next time and perhaps a private drive to see famous houses.

1  Thank tahrenki
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We had a very knowledgeable, well spoken, and interesting tour guide, Joe, who made our tour through Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Marina del Rey, and downtown LA memorable -- so much so that we didn't mind at all having an unexpected extra day In LA due to bad weather at home! This is a great trip for folks who don't want to do the amusement parks or see stars' homes.L&L

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our 3.5 hour Beverly Hills/Hollywood City Tour and Celebrity Homes tour with Joe, our friendly and informative guide.

If you have limited time and want to see the major sights, then this trip is great as we had sufficient time at the major "must see" spots to walk around, take photos and get a "feel" for the area.

Joe was a wealth of facts, figures and information and very easy to understand, especially for people whose english is not their first language.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I live and work here in Santa Monica/LA. I took the tour to see what it was like and to learn more about this great place I live in. I wondered if it would be boring or stuff I have already seen. The tour was GREAT. Charlie was great from the very start to the end. Extremely knowledgable and never a dull moment - he made the tour fun, interesting, exciting and funny. A great way to get to see the city. I learned so many interesting and fun facts that I did not know before. I will definitely be taking my friends and family on the Amazing LA tours when they visit, and highly recommend it to others as well. Charlie, Cammie, Sam and all the other awesome people who work with Amazing LA really made the experience great. Thanks!

Mary Strong

Sam H, General Manager at Amazing LA Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Hello Mary,

Thank you for such a splendid review! We do our best to provide above par services that everyone can enjoy. It brings a smile to our faces every time another positive thought is shared. We look forward to meeting your friends and family, and we hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards.