“WORST spa experience ever - Avoid Exhale Spa”
Review of Exhale Spa

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Exhale Spa
Santa Monica, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“WORST spa experience ever - Avoid Exhale Spa”
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

I am a Santa Monica resident and stay at the Fairmont Hotel whenever I'm back in town for business/pleasure. I had the WORST experience at Exhale yesterday. I booked an appt for acupressure at 5:30pm. Bonnie, the girl at the desk, booked me for acupuncture even though I SPECIFICALLY told her I'm NOT getting acupuncture only acupressure THREE TIMES! I gave birth to triplets 2 months ago so I know exactly what I need - an acupressure massage for my aching back. Not only did exhale screw up my appt, there was no therapist available for a massage for another 2 hours! I was given a mere 25% discount for my NEXT visit by the manager Julianne. That was NOT good enough for wasting 2 hours of my time waiting at the spa for a massage I never got. I am a Centurion American Express member and am COMPLETELY DISAPPOINTED by the service. I would've expected a complimentary 1hr massage for the next visit given it was Bonnie's fault for not knowing the difference between acupuncture & acupressure. She needs to do her due diligence before she drives more customers away and loses more business for the spa. Again, I told her THREE times I wanted acupressure NOT acupuncture. Where was the confusion??? I plan to leave a negative review on tripadvisor, yelp & Centurion travel services at American express. The spa needs updating anyway - broken lights in ladies changing room, sauna was broken for 2 weeks, dilapidated bathrooms - WORST spa experience ever. Customer service was horrendous. I'll be sure never to go back to Exhale Santa Monica. This was the second bad experience. The other was when i booked a massage 5 years ago the sick therapist was coughing & sneezing while giving me a massage in enclosed quarters. I was so upset that exhale would still allow sick therapists to work on their customers. I had surgery the next day and thankfully didn't catch the therapist's virus!

2 Thank A K

New York City, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best facial I've ever had from Brigette, love the classes, great hotel”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This spa is gorgeous and bright upon entry, and does not make you feel like you're getting your services done at a hotel, but rather maintains the uplifting vibe you'd expect from Exhale.

I get facials all over the world, have gone to the most high end places, and Brigette managed to surpass all those experiences with the best facial I've ever experienced. Her skincare recommendations were authentic and useful, and her touch was truly the best I've ever experienced. My skin has never looked so great actually.

The classes are magic. Though you may fear that this location would make you feel self conscious, the teachers are all extremely friendly, give gentle corrections, and people of all skill levels are enjoying themselves.

The front desk staff are extremely friendly and helpful, and seem to really love what they do and showing people around. Don't pass this place up if you are in LA.

Visited January 2014
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Amazing craniosacral treatment”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I got the craniosacral treatment, which is kind of like a scalp massage but more positioning and releasing tension in the head/neck. It was great! The only thing keeping me from giving 5 stars is that the locker and waiting room for this spa is super small. Not the kind of facility where you could spend a whole day relaxing when not in treatments.

Visited October 2013
Santa Monica, California, USA
“Enjoy and Relax”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Lovely zen place with great massage and amazing atmosphere- perfect getaway for a moment to relax and enjoy :)

Visited October 2013
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not bad, but...”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I tried a couple of classes here and it was okay. Of course its very convenient if youre staying at the hotel. However, afterwards I tried yogaworks down the street and that was a totally different and amazing experience! There is such a variety of classes there and the people are just so nice and helpful. I tried a class by a teacher Birgitte already twice since Exhale and I don't think I could ever go anywhere else!

Visited February 2013