All reviews free parking coffee shop next door sun deck cha cha chicken separate kitchen venice beach street noise walking distance to the beach superb location would stay again beds were comfortable room was large king bed few minutes walk pier fridge sink
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Outstanding location. the Seaview is sandwiched between 5 star hotels and apartments with rooms that go for 100s dollars a night. You cannot be much closer to the beach and you are just a short walk to Santa Monica’s bars and restaurants. Free parking too and we had no problems getting a spot for the 2 nights we were there.

The apartments are fairly basic, but spotlessly clean and generally well presented. Some basic cooking equipment (e.g a couple of pans, a kettle, a few plates) would have made this place perfect for us. There are cosy seats and tables outside of every room, perfect for enjoying the cool Santa Monica evenings.

We felt very safe and enjoyed a restful stay.

For the balance of price and location, the Seaview deserves 5 stars.

Thanks also to Rosa who was very kind, welcoming and helpful when she greeted us on our arrival.

Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2018

This is a quaint hotel, literally a set of stairs away from the beach, at a decent price. But apparently the owners feel the location and low price entitle them to treat you badly. The lady at the front desk, Rosa, is RUDE (and that's being generous). We have stayed in this hotel twice, and I thought maybe that attitude was a one off. BUT IT WAS NOT. The first time she refused late checkout even though my friends and I ran the LA marathon and couldn't get back to our room in time for checkout. They also refused extra towels because in their opinion we had enough and didn't think running 26 miles warranted a shower for my friends.

We dealt with it because well LOCATION and PRICE.

This second time, I booked 2 queens and got a king (which wasn't enough sleeping space for my party), so I ended up having to find something elsewhere farther from the beach. I mean, this is partly my fault. so I take responsibility for not checking my confirmation email to make sure I got what I booked...but my God, the attitude. "No, I won't check you in, you go across the street to Ocean Lodge. You just said you wanted a kitchen, not 2 queens (and I know I never said that)." My niece also stayed here last weekend, and again offered a king when she booked 2 queens. Seriously people, if you call to book, check your email right away. It seems there's a bait and switch happening here. anyway, she got her 2 queens, but when they got back from the beach their shower wouldn't drain and there was extra scalding water coming up from the drain as well. Niece was told (VERY RUDELY) there was a broken pipe, the tone insinuated my niece was somehow at fault for this. She was told if she didn't like what they were doing to try to fix it, she could leave. Now mind you this is Father's day weekend, they just spent the day at the beach, and just wanted a shower. But they were being told to call around and find another room. Niece refused as we had dinner reservations. When they got back from dinner, they were told the problem was fixed, but the next morning they had no water at all, so they left at 730am that morning.

Honestly, it is just disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2018

If you want to be up close to the beach and spheric evenings this is a great place to be...close by all interesting places...
The Hotel has all what you need...nice rooms, silence, clean and handy as it should be.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 16 June 2018

On arrival to the motel we were given the key to our room,it was on the first floor right on the road. We refused and were told only one other available, but will be a surcharge as off the road slightly. We reluctantly took it as was late in the day. Good points. Close to beach. Nice roof terrace .Bad points. Air conditioning a desk fan. Windows insecure with pieces off wood to prevent access from outside. Kitchen utensils poor (only one cup). Curtains like tissue paper and to short. Bed hard and overhangs the base. Road noise,noticeable. We drove across America for three weeks stopping at 50/60 style motels,and this was by far the worst and most expensive.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Great location to everything. Room clean and did what we needed. Would definitely stay here again. Great value for money. Room very spacious and clean. Someone always in office to help and quiet location

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple