“OMG! This is the worst place on earth.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pavilions Motel

Pavilions Motel
Ranked #35 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Tucson, Arizona
“OMG! This is the worst place on earth.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I always thought that if the wife isn't with me, I could stay anywhere. I retract that. I hit bottom here. I gonna be far more careful from here on. I had to wake the sleeping attendant to get the key. The guy was verbally abusive and kept calling me stupid. After I saw the room, I thought he might be right. If I didn't have to be somewhere first thing in the morning, I would thrown the key at him, even If lost what I paid online. The pillow cases were stained, I used my t-shirt as a pillow case. The towels were stained. I don't think they wash the sheets. I bathed before bed and first thing in the morning, even though I slept in my clothes. I saw roaches in the bathroom.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
12 Thank Eric G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Stirling, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Me and my friend were both optimistic, but we should've taken the hint when our taxi driver took one look at the place and said:"please let me take you somewhere else." I have never felt unsafe (not even downtown LA at 2 am), but this place was just creepy. The man at the desk was absolutely very friendly, but the room is not clean, and there is no proper lock on the door. There were police officers wandering around - not that that made us feel any safer. The bus to Santa Monica is quite close by, which is a plus, but please - if you can, go somewhere else. Trust me, I didn't think it was going to be this bad. It isn't. It's worse.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. Really.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank 11SiljeS

Travellers are raving about these Santa Monica hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I was apprehensive about this palce becuse it was quite chep, but as it was a couple of miles out of downtown I took a chance. What a dump! Don't even think about staying there. I didn't. I threw the keys back at the manager/receptionist and walked out after I saw my room. I had the pain of finding another place in a hurry, but even though it worked out quite a lot of money, I didn't care. You've been warned.

Room Tip: Don't stay there!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank Nick B
Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Giving meaning to "you get what you pay for", the Pavillions Motel gets thumbs up for being one of the only motels for under $70 a night in Santa Monica, free parking and wifi, but the joys top there.

The rooms were 3x3 at a push, had one double bed, an old fashioned tv, and the smallest, cramped bathroom in all the motels/hotels we've stayed in. Seriously run down and unclean, with a small window in the bathroom that someone could climb through. And in this part of town (10minutes drive from downtown where the restaurants and shops are), it felt like a very real possibility.

Was happy to pack up and drive out of there!

Room Tip: Either up your budget and stay in downtown Santa Monica, or just stay in LA and drive to Santa Monic...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Emily M
Paris, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

This is one of the most run down filthy motels in the world. The stink of the rooms ,the beds,the bathroom and the entire room has not been painted or upgraded in 25 years. Th furniture is all old wooden disgusting paint pealing off dirty old garbage.
I feel sorry for anyone who has to stay in a place like this...For $70.00 a night you must be joking.
I will tell you the truth. If they gave you the place to stay for free...don't stay there. All spooky type of residents that I think might be permanent residents. BEWARE BEWARE.
I must say the manager is a sweet guy. I would love to buy the property and fix it up as a Boutique Motel...STAY AWAY..PLEASE TAKE THIS AS A WARNING!!!!

Room Tip: None the place is a dump
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank mondialcorp
Lismore, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

Price was very good, comfortable stay, great location (nice walk down to Venice beach and shopping), the room wasn't overly nice (but for the price it was very good). The Manager there was VERY helpful and kind (recommended many good restaurants, called cabs and hotels for us, and was very prompt with any of our needs).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Josh W
Sestriere, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

We've been traveling for 10 days in California and staying in cheap motels. All the other ones were great, but this one with a price quite high for a motel was just a disaster! The room 3x3 meters, really dirty, with an awful smell, with a mold just everywhere. And in the morning we had a nice surprice in a bathroom. The water was everywhere, the owner told us that this happens sometimes, they brought a huge noisy and dirty machine and cleaned out the tubes. "Sorry-Sorry!" was the only one thing he could tell us.
Terrible expirience! :(

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple