We stayed for two nights in June. This hotel was one of the only in our price range in Santa Monica that had was the standard we wanted. The room was clean and the beds comfortable (essential after the 15 hour flight from Australia).
The location isn't the best (far from the beach), but that's why it's cheaper. The bus stops right outside though and runs frequently enough.
One staff member was not particularly helpful when we asked for advice on getting to Anaheim, but other staff were friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel in Santa Monica's Beach Cities burgeoning neighborhood located on historic Route 66 and easy accessibility to all that Los Angeles has to offer! Mid-City Santa Monica The Gateway Hotel is located less than two miles from Santa Monica's beach side, The Santa Monica Pier and pedestrian friendly Third Street Promenade with an array of luxury shopping and dining all within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Plus Gateway Hotel Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Santa Monica
- Santa Monica Best Western