We stayed 3 nights here as a base for our time in LA arriving from the UK. Santa Monica and Venice sea fronts are a short drive and the location is good for Beverley Hills, Downtown, the Getty, Hollywood and Malibu. The rooms are clean and quiet. Parking (and wifi) is free which is very important in LA. We enjoyed the nearby Thai restaurant recommendation and their iHop was useful to load up with calories for breakfast. It would have been nice to stay on Santa Monica beach but if you visit LA this is a good, safe place to stay, sleep and eat breakfast which is what we wanted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel in Santa Monica's Beach Cities burgeoning neighborhood located on historic Route 66 and easy accessibility to all that Los Angeles has to offer! Mid-City Santa Monica The Gateway Hotel is located less than two miles from Santa Monica's beach side, The Santa Monica Pier and the Third Street Promenade with an array of luxury shopping and dining all within walking distance. Guests arriving at the Gateway Hotel Santa Monica find an exceptionally welcoming, cheerful and affordable hotel featuring all the comforts of home. Blending coastal style accommodations with friendly service and plenty of thoughtful perks, our 123 bright, contemporary rooms offer pillow top mattress, 42-inch flat panel TV's with cable, complimentary coffee, tea and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Gateway Hotel Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Santa Monica
- Santa Monica Best Western