“Excellent location”

The Georgian Hotel
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here on the last night of our honeymoon. The location is perfect for anything in Santa Monica.
The check in was simple and the room was nice. The old lifts are quaint, albeit a little bit slow.
We had drinks on the terrace, where the service was lacking and the prices were high.
It's worth staying here for the location alone.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The location of the Georgian hotel is unbeatable. After riding Route 66 it was great to see the Santa Monica Pier from the ocean view room. The sunset is absolutely fabulous. The hotel itself is sophisticated and very clean. The rooms are clean and nicely furnished. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms with ocean view are definitely worth few more bucks.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
GMGeorgianH, Manager at The Georgian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Hanuli,

Pleased to learn that you enjoyed Our location / destination of Santa Monica. On behalf of The Georgian Hotel Team we thank you for your praise of "Great Hospitality". We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband, son and I stayed here for three nights last week. The hotel exceeded our expectations. We had an ocean view suite and the view was gorgeous. The room was large and very clean and the beds and pillows were comfy -- they even gave us a thick memory foam topper to put on the sleeper sofa to make it even more comfortable for our son! The front desk staff, the restaurant staff, the valets and the bell staff were all very professional and helpful. The location is perfect, close to restaurants and the Santa Monica pier. It was also nice having breakfast on the veranda in the morning. The parking is valet-only, but that was so helpful since the streets are so busy around there. We were just very comfortable and we will definitely stay here again if we return to Santa Monica!

Room Tip: Stay as high as possible to lessen street noise; we were on the 4th floor and it wasn't that bad...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GMGeorgianH, Manager at The Georgian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear C L & Family,

Many thanks for sharing your time with us at The Georgian Hotel and enjoying The City of Santa Monica. Your review was recognized in Our morning briefing and we appreciated the opportunity to have served you.

The tips that you provided are welcomed and insightful. It is your communication with us that made this a great experience for all.

Please keep in-touch!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Yes this is a old hotel but the have made great improvements but kept the charm. Hotel service was always very helpful. Beds were comfortable and bathrooms small but very well done. Close to beach and all the local fun spots. Fun to just sit on veranda and people watch.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GMGeorgianH, Manager at The Georgian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Chris H,

Mixing original charm and technology, brings us the best of both worlds at The Georgian. Thank you for enjoying. Our Veranda Restaurant is also being updated, we hope you will return and see what we have to share.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Last time we were in LA we had a beer on the balcony at the Georgian, across the road from the beach and Santa Monica Pier...fantastic, So we decided to stay here. Beautiful hotel, redecorated rooms that retain the historic feel. Bathroom was tiny, but that's what you get to retain the history of this hotel. We were on the first floor (level 2) and at the front of the hotel. Thank goodness for double glazing, or the traffic noise would have been a nightmare. However, the large group who choose to come back to the hotel and sit on the balcony below until after 4am was the worst. If you stay here, stay up higher and forfeit the view if you want to sleep. Or do like us and pop into for a drink/dinner (or an amazing breakfast) coming or going from a quieter hotel.

Room Tip: forfeit the view and don't get a room on the front (major road directly in front AND noise will...
1  Thank KrisBB
GMGeorgianH, Manager at The Georgian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear KrisBB,

Thank you for staying with us at The Georgian Hotel. The tips that you offered are much appreciated and certain that our future guests will benefit from your expertise.

We do look forward to your return and an enjoyable experience on The Veranda. Do not hesitate to contact me, it would be a pleasure to share with you all that our spacious suites have to offer.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. I had call to request a quiet room away from the elevator. Upon arrival, the front desk staff were on the phone sorting out an issue, so I had to wait a bit before I they got to me.

During my check in, I asked whether I have a quiet room I requested, I was told, "yes, you are on the top floor". Then when I looked at my paperwork I realized they made a mistake..they had me down as someone else. I was assigned a different room. The process took about 15 minutes.

I went up to my room, and discovered that it was situated NEXT to the elevator. Not just any elevator--the old school ones with an additional door.

I went back downstairs to request a different room. I was told all the rooms were sold out. If I wanted a different room I would have to pay another $50 to upgrade.

I ended up paying the difference as I just wanted to get some rest. Overall, just a frustrating experience.

I found my room to be dark and outdated. Very few amenities for the price. Definitely not a place I'd stay at again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mimi T,

Satisfying our guests is of paramount importance. Your opinions are valued, please do not hesitate contact me to further share your thoughts and ideas as to what makes for successful business travel.

Should you reconsider and plan to return to The Georgian Hotel, do not hesitate to call upon us directly so that we can insure that you will have accommodations and the experience that will please you.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed there for 5 nights during late June 2014 and we were more than delighted. The place has so much history and charm, and that charm is reflected in the hotel's staff and service. From the front desk personnel to the valets, they were always helpful, accommodating, and greeted us with a smile. The hotel and our room were clean and comfortable. It is an older property, so you can expect older/retro construction and moldings, but they were in excellent condition, and it added to the hotel's appeal. The old elevators were great to experience and everything is very well maintained. The restaurant in the lobby/porch area of the hotel has an excellent breakfast menu, great food, and a great waitstaff that constantly kept our coffee cup full. Also, I read some comments about rooms being next to the elevators and there were some noise issues. Our room was located directly next to the elevators. Occasionally, there's a very SLIGHT mechanic sound. It's not noticeable if you're doing anything else besides listening for it. We never noticed it while watching TV or while sleeping. The hotel is in a great central location in beautiful Santa Monica. I definitely look forward to staying there again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family