“Great experience!”

Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2006

We stayed at the Georgian over memorial day weekend (2006). We were very impressed with the hotel. We especially enjoyed its boutique style, charm, friendly service, and excellent location.
We chose the Georgian after careful consideration and reading reviews on travel sites, including this one. We agonized a bit over the price, but I am extremely satisfied with our choice.
There were three of us, so we got a suite. The suite has a big separate bedroom with a huge, cushy bed and down bedding. The pullout couch in the living area leaves a lot to be desired (you could feel the coils through the thin mattress). Otherwise, the room was fantastic, and HUGE. There are two TVs and a nice bathroom with jack and jill sinks.
We stayed for a few days and ended up eating breakfast and lunch on the veranda, and both were absolutely delicious (the burger, chicken salad sandwich, and english muffin with poached eggs come to mind as particularly good). The view and sea breeze can't be beat. I wish we had had time for cocktails on the veranda.
The valet parking is $21/day, and you can access the car as much as you want. It is quite quick (less than 10 minutes) to gain access. The only problem we had was upon arrival, because the two valet-reserved spots in front of the hotel were occupied. Ocean is a busy street, and there are driveways bookending the two valet spots in front of the hotel, so there is no place to unload. We had to drive around the block three times until one of the spaces was cleared and we could unload.
All in all, it was terrific. My mother from Kansas said she would stay there again when visiting us, because although slightly pricey, the Georgian is totally worth it.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Hebrew first
New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2006

I just stayed at the Georgian for two days at the beginning of May. I had never stayed there before but booked for this trip based on Tripadvisor and I was not disappointed. The location is fantastic--across the street from the beach. The room was huge--albeit a little old and probably could use a new paint job and new carpeting but didn't bother me so much as teh hotel is so historic. The bedding was newish and the whole place was very clean! The bathroom is old Art Deco so the tub had a few scratches and a tile was scratched--hey, it's original afterall-- but the tub was gigantic and deep enough to float and the hot water endless with great pressure. The staff was very helpful and as I kept receiving multiple faxes from my office, they never lost one and notified me fast! Bar/restaurant outside fabulous for people watching and food good. Really fun people staying at the hotel too/ Only problem for some people may be the noise at the front. If you have an ocean view, you face the noisy thourough fare to Santa Monica Pier and people are out at all hours on that street so take a non-view, quieter room. You will probably spend most of your time outside anyway.

• Stayed May 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank jlmcc
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2006

My husband and I stayed in the Georgian for two nights and we absolutely loved it. It's a unique quirky hotel with little touches that make a difference. The staff are extremely friendly and efficient and the hotel is spotless and very comfortable. The location is close to all amenties such as the pedestrian shopping street and the beach. Make sure to have breakfast or a drink on the veranda or just enjoy a spot of people watching.

• Stayed May 2006
1 Thank Lynn002
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2006

The hotel is quaint. The bedding was very nice and valet was reasonably priced; however, the ceiling fan made a lot of noise.

Stayed May 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2006

Upon check-in we were given a room on a low floor, but the helpful serviceminded staff at the Georgian arranged it, and gave us a beautiful room on a higher floor. Spectacular view over the Palisades park and the beach below.
We highly recommend the suites at the Georgian. The rooms were very spacious with good and tasty designs, and the bathrooms were big with two sinks and a roomy, well-thought-out design. The rooms are very goodlooking with timeless fashionable colors, fabrics and design. Great big, comfy beds too!
The valley-parking crew were one of the most outstandingly curtious, service-minded, funny and personal that we met throughout our stay in LA. They are truly excellent, and went beyond their tasks to help us in any way possible.
The Georgian Hotel has a very cute and intimate reception area and restaurant. We had breakfast one morning there, and I can highly recommend the delicious porridge with pecan nuts and fried banana.
We will definitely come back to stay at the Georgian in the future!

• Stayed April 2006
6 Thank FarAwayNBeyond
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2006

Made reservation on the Georgian web site for a room with a King bed. Upon arrival to the hotel, the gentlemen at the front desk said they only had rooms with Queen beds left. When I told him I needed a King bed as I was charged for it when I reserved it, he told me there must be a problem with the Reservation system and the only way I could get a King bed at this time is to upgrade to a suite $ aprox. $60.00 more..When I expressed my concern, he asked me if I eate brekfast and could comp that. Hmmmm, $ 60,00 for a free brekfast? I upgraded, paid the diffrence as I had to attend a dinner in LA within a couple of hours and did not take the brekfast. I guess I am just used to the large hotel chains who will automatic upgrade (At no charge)you if the problem is on thier side. As for the Hotel, I stay there often and enjoy the location as well as the facility..I have to bve in LA on Tuesday May 16TH, and will be considering other hotel options....Luis

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2006

I have stayed at the Georgian before, but this is my first review. I will definitely go back if I ever need to stay in the LA area. This hotel has a fabulous location, right across from the pier and a huge beach, and is a terrific value. I received a free upgrade to an ocean view, and this is the second time that's happened to me. (No, I am not a model--just a regular person). The rooms are super clean and the beds are comfy. There are some great restaurants in the area as well -- check out the happy hour sushi deals in the place on the corner of Ocean and Santa Monica, and you are just a couple of blocks from the 3d street promenade. Breakfast on the veranda was delicious. Staff was helpful with directions, etc.

5 Thank linda528