The Georgian Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
Hotel Carmel(Santa Monica)
Average 3/5
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Ocean Lodge Hotel(Santa Monica)
Good 3.5/5
  • Beachfront
Sea Blue Hotel(Santa Monica)
  • Breakfast included
2,534 results
All reviewsveranda restaurantart decogreat locationthe santa monica pierwatching the worldstreet promenadean ocean view suitevalet parkinglovely hotelan older hotelocean aveoverlooking the beachmini barvalet servicerooms are smallocean fronttwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2007

We stayed 3 nights at the Georgian and did not want to leave! We had an ocean-view room on the 4th floor, but unfortunately we couldn't leave the window open at night because of the street noise. Location is perfect! Staff was exceptional from the valet attendant to the front desk clerk to the housekeeping staff. Our room was a standard queen, and it was definitely on the small side. Breakfast and lunch were really nice on the veranda, and the food was very good. Overall it was reasonable at under $300 a night.

• Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed 18 July 2007

Can't beat the location! Historic hotel with the modern conveniences. Fantastic service. Friendly staff. Highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed 17 July 2007

Got to the hotel around 1:30 for my fiance's birthday suprise. Got told my room was not ready but I could wait around until 3:00 and they should have my room ready. Got back around 3:15 and was told my room was still not ready but take a seat it should be any minute now. Around 4:15 was finally taken to my room. Next morning, called the lobby to see if I could check out 30 minutes late (12:30 instead of noon) and was told my room was rented out already so I had to leave. I didn't inquire why I had to wait four hours after check-out the nigh before.

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank luckyaj22
Reviewed 16 July 2007

My husband and I stayed over the weekend for a quick little get away and we had a fabulous time! I almost don't want to tell too many people about it, so we can keep our weekend getaway all to ourselves. The staff were all really nice and profesional, the rooms were clean and tastefully decorated and it was a great location for all the Santa Monica attactions. Will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2007

We stayed here for our anniversary (which is also New year's Eve). Santa Monica is pretty quiet on New Year's (esp. since it was raining.) We chose this hotel not for its amenities (there are few) but for its history. The Georgian was one of the 1st hotels built on Ocean Ave. , and used to be frequented by Hollywood movie stars such as Charlie Chaplin back in the day when Santa Monica was a vacation destination for Hollywood residents. The ambiance is wonderful, and so are the views from the Ocean View rooms. The elevators and lobby let you know how old the building really is, and the bathrooms (before they were redone to be more modern) were super cool as well. You don't stay here for the amenities and large rooms, you stay for the ambiance and history. It's a very CLASSY place.

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank treehugger99