“All Style”

Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Sydney, Australia
“All Style”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Was impressed from the moment we stepped out of the car. The foyer was just the beginning of the Huntley experience - beautiful decor and great service. Our room had a great view of the beach and surroundings up to the hills. Wish we had had the time to grab a cocktail at the bar on level 18.... Something to look forward to next time! Great location, within walking distance to 3rd St Promenade and the Pier.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lou73f
Huntley Hotel S, Hotelier Consultant at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Lou73f,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. The Huntley Santa Monica Beach is truly situated in a wonderful location, close to shops, restaurants, the beach and the popular 3rd Street Promenade. We look forward to your return and we must make sure you experience drinks at our popular Penthouse Restaurant & Lounge with sunset! Our sincere appreciation for your business.
Hotelier Consultant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
shelby township
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have stayed at the Huntley on business three times in the last year (from Michigan) and each time the hotel was exceptional in every way. I recently surprised my wife with a trip to Santa Monica for her big birthday and 3 nights at the Huntley. We travel a lot and said it was perhaps the best hotel she has ever stayed at. The entire staff was personable and attentive, our room was impeccable and the valet / check in experience was smooth. I have read other complaints about the decor of the hotel being too dark and I can say it perfectly reflects the boutique "cool" vibe of the hotel (I am an architect and design hotels)...once you enter your room and open up the window shades you see nothing but sunlight and the ocean. Friday and Saturday night was incredible up at the Penthouse ...the place was jammed with a wait for non guests just to go up. Wonderful quiet neighborhood around the hotel and the close proximity to the ocean and the Promenade make it a great place to start exploring. Bottom line - the hotel is one of kind and we will be back soon.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Huntley Hotel S, Hotelier Consultant at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Brian g,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with our viewers. It is refreshing when someone with your professional background, appreciates/recognizes our "cool vibe" award winning interior design and concept. We look forward to your return and please contact me so that I may personally assist you with your future reservations. Our sincere appreciation Brian for your business. Tim Lee - Hotelier Consultant
Alberta
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This weekend we were meeting our daughter at the Huntley Santa Monica. We have over the years always depended upon Trip Advisor and now Jettsetter. Very disappointing. I was not sure what to expect when checking in and looked up to see chipped paint and rusting air vents at the reception desk. The main lobby looks like it needs to be freshened and fluffed up again. Not
one bell man standing in the lobby asked to assist us with luggage nor even pushed the elevator for us to go up. We were located at Room 908 and upon entering the floor we were surprised by
the darkness of the floor, dark brown carpets that showed all the lint on the floor. The room at one time must of been nice but it is very tired now. Carpet was dirty, holes in carpet, room clean but not a fresh clean space. As my daughter said good thing clean duvets. No coffee in the rooms or did we find any in the lobby. Air conditioner noisy so had to shut it down to sleep the fortunately the windows opened slightly. Do not stay in Room 908 as you hear the elevator
all night long and the head board is on that wall. Suggestion would be to move bed on opposite
wall to help eliminate some of the noise. Location is very good to the beach and shopping also
it is off the main street so the noise is somewhat controlled. Nice bathroom products. Would I return probably not. Nothing exceptional to return too.

Room Tip: Ask to not be close to the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank seven7up
Huntley Hotel S, Hotelier Consultant at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear seven7up,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your comments so that we may improve. Coffee and tea kettles are available through Room Service. Our guests also enjoy our Cafe located off the side of our main lobby which provides a wide selection of coffee, tea, bakery goods for your enjoyment. Our guestrooms will undergo complete refurbishment in 2014. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you the service you expect and deserve. With our sincere apprecation for your business.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2013

upon checking into the hotel, the valet treated my brother and i like royalty. they told us how happy they were that we were here, it just felt so welcoming! we checked in early and our room was available right away which was fantastic. the room was so clean, inciting, and beautiful. i love the LATHER products they carry. I only complaint i have is i wish there were more cable channels on the TV to watch; like E! or MTV, just a larger variety. oh and i wish they had their own swimming pool!
i loved my experience at the Huntley and i will be coming back very soon!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Huntley Hotel S, Hotelier Consultant at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Jayme,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We are excited to share with you that we will be refurbishing our guestrooms next year, which includes television with hi-difinition and channel selections more to your liking. We look forward to your return Jayme!
Seattle
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I had a great experience staying here for a work trip and would definitely recommend it. The woman who helped me check in at the front desk (Akemi?) was fantastic. She not only helped me get settled in but walked me through a bunch of great places to entertain clients I was in town to meet. Probably the best experience I have ever had checking in after a long flight, and I really appreciated the extra care.

The people I was in town to meet and I spent a good amount of time in the top floor hotel bar called the penthouse. It was surprisingly active for my mid-week stay. A nice view as well.

My only complaint was that the room could use a bit of visual upkeep. There were scuffs on the walls in a couple places and some other minor instances of wear and tear. That said it met my needs just fine, but it would be nice to see this stuff taken care of.

I would recommend this place and I'll surely stay there again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear MasterMatt82,
We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay and that we have met your expectations. Our staff truly understand the importance of providing personalized service that our guest expect and deserve.
Your observations regarding the few scuff marks and areas that could be spruced up is very well taken. We are excited to inform you that our guestrooms with be undergoing refurbishment in 2014.
We look forward welcoming you back when your travels brings you again to sunny Santa Monica Beach. With our sincere appreciation for your business.
Asia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I have rounded my rating from 4.5. The reasons for the half point deduction later.

It's my first time in this hotel and did not quite know what to expect. On the website, it looked good and seemed to have everything, including slippers, which us unusual in the USA.

First, the hotel is well-located for shopping. There's the 3rd Street Promenade and the mall at the end. I did end up contributing to the LA economy.

Second, the room is pretty sizeable for LA. Everything worked although I would have preferred a gentler aircon draft.

My days began with breakfast meetings so it's impossible to comment on the breakfast but I went to the Penthouse for dinner twice and they were excellent.

Quite clearly the management does try to offer good service. There is a turndown service complete with two chocolate squares.

But service was uneven. I stayed during the fall time change and during the rest of my stay, the clock in my room was not adjusted. Either the cleaning crew is innumerate or they do not care.

The signage on 16th floor is confusing because of a missing dash. I turned right instead of left to my room. That missing dash is pretty obvious and I'm sure other guests would have made the same mistake.

There is no reading light above the throne in the toilet. Hollywood types do not read? They only watch TV and movies? And the water pressure is on the low side.

The room had no facility for making hot water. There is no kettle for coffee or tea. And finally, I had to call to ask for the slippers. Had I not seen it on the website, I would not have known to ask. I'm wondering if it is management policy.

I was out most of the time so these minor things were not a real bother. But they do detract from what could have been a perfect stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Panguin
Huntley Hotel S, Hotelier Consultant at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Panguin,
Thank you for your detailed feedback regarding your experience with us. We are pleased that your overall stay was a positive one. I shared your detailed observations with our team and they were most impressed especially regarding the dash that we have on order for the corridor signage!
Coffee Makers and Tea Kettles are available upon request through Room Service. Please let us know when you make future room reservations so that we may place one in your room prior to all future visits. We have also shared with our housekeeping team regarding the time on the clock not changed and missed slippers which we do provide in all our rooms. We look forward welcoming you back on your next visit to sunny Santa Monica Beach. Our sincere appreciation Panguin for your business.
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel while on business. Santa Monica is very beautiful. The Huntley is a block from the beach. Many if the rooms have ocean views. But each space is special. There is a comfort level at this hotel which is difficult to achieve for many hotels. The staff is incredibly friendly and efficient. The rooms are immaculate. My room was so comfortable it was difficult to fight the urge to just stay inside. But outside there's the third street promenade, with shops, restaurants and theaters to fill any down time.

But the best part about the hotel is the food. Chef Seth Greenberg runs the Penthouse Restaurant. The food is truly amazing. The quality is top notch. The service, particularly to guests if the hotel is exemplary. I had an amazing dinner and breakfast most days. I can't say enough about the quality of the food I enjoyed. In addition the staff at the restaurant was very well trained and organized. This restaurant is just very we'll run from top to bottom. Which makes everything so much better. Finally the valley staff is really important at the hotel because parking is difficult. They're always ready with your car with a little notice. Friendly and helpful with directions and information as well. Mathis is a top notch place to,stay for sure and will always be one of my favorites.

Room Tip: Rooms in the south side get morning sunlight but have beach views. Get a room on the north side for...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cleavetwo
Huntley Hotel S, Hotelier Consultant at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Cleavetwo,
Thank you for sharing your experience and your wonderful review. We appreciate your kind words regarding our dedicated staff. Our staff understands the importance of exceeding our guest expectations for which our valued guests deserve and expect. Chef Seth is truly very talented and very much appreciated by all that visits our Penthouse Restaurant and Lounge. We look forward welcoming you back when your travels brings you again to sunny Santa Monica Beach. With our sincere appreciation Cleavetwo for your business.
Tim Lee-Hotelier Consultant