“Average”

Comfort Inn Santa Monica
Ranked #24 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Advertised as "At the Beach" Only 28 blocks away. I knew this as I grew up in the area. Your basic Comfort Inn. No frills. Clean, quiet room. Close to several fast food chains. Was there for a birthday party and there was not enough room for everyone.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 2Stinkyboys66
GMCA430, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay with us. We value our guests input and use all comments to better our hotel for all future guests. I'm glad you found the room to be clean and quiet, as housekeeping works very hard in keeping all rooms very tidy. I would like to apologize about any misunderstandings regarding our name of "Near the Pier", as we try our best to be clear that it is still 2.5 miles away.

Again, thank you and we hope to have you back as a guest the next time your in need of a place to stay.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

By the standards of chain motels the Santa Monica is doing pretty well and, I think, trying hard to do even better. It is not really near the Santa Monica Pier, but the Santa Monica bus system has a stop almost in front of the motel and will take you to the ocean front in minutes for a reasonable fare. Room, spacious and clean; staff, attentive and helpful; breakfast, very good, but served in too small of quarters.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We chose this as it was reasonably cheap compared to others. I must say that my heart sank a little when I saw it as it's on a very busy road and has the appearance of a motel. However, it really was more than adequate - beds very comfortable and the room was clean. I thought it would be noisy as the rooms are pretty close together but again, I was wrong. We walked to the Pier each day (about 2 - 3 miles) and caught the blue bus back, which was fine. Breakfast was a bit crowded but plenty of food so all in all better than expected.

2  Thank LHM_9
GMCA430, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear guest,

We appreciate your honest review of your stay with us. It is great to hear you found our hotel adequate and quieter than expected. Our entire team works very hard to keep everything clean and up to date. We hope to see you again if you are ever in the Santa Monica area.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

My wife and I chose this hotel because it was only 2 miles from pier and beautiful beaches. It was also a bargain compared to many other hotels in the area. Our room on 2nd floor was quiet and at back of hotel above parking and pool area. At night the back entrance was locked and secure with no foot traffic. Breakfast room was small but there were many food choices available. Bathroom light is connected to a noisy fan but otherwise, bathroom had upgraded sink and fixtures.

Room Tip: Room 254 at back of hotel was quiet and private.
1  Thank scuba312
GMCA430, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your comments and are glad you enjoyed our breakfast items as well as the newly renovated bathrooms.
We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Santa Monica!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the more than adequate breakfast. We traveled during a very unusual rainy period, but the carpeting outside our room was ruinous to my dress shoes. I would recommend removing the carpeting so that the hard floor dries faster.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sylvia R
GMCA430, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Sylvia,

Thank you for staying with us and for your valuable feedback. It is great to hear you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast items. We continuously improve our breakfast to keep up with guests expectations.
In regards to the carpeting, I apologize for the inconvenience regarding it being wet during the recent rain storm. This is an area we are planning on replacing in the near future, we are in the process of trying to select the appropriate tiles and/or carpeting to avoid echoing throughout the building.
Again, I want to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and hope you will visit us again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I would give a 2 1/2 rating if I could. My room was nothing special, equal to any $69/night Comfort Inn off any interstate across the mid west except that it's in CA and 2 miles from Santa Monica pier.

I asked for a quiet room and was checked in for 5 nights on the second floor on the courtyard side. The room was clean except the carpet just felt like it was dirty. Slightly sticky and not very soft. The first night the guest in the room above me woke me up at 1:00 am and again at 5:30 walking around etc. I thought at first that it was a heavy footed person until the maid cleaned the room and I could clearly hear her walking and vacuuming. This continued the entire stay.

Ask for a top floor! The towels were grey and like sand paper, I exchanged them directly with the laundry for new soft ones every day. Why not just cycle them out?

Parking is free and easy, breakfast was busy but there was always food available.

All that being said, I would probably stay there again due to the attractive rate but I would insist on a top floor.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Tooblackdogs

Dear guest,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Your comments and suggestions have been taken seriously and we will use your review to improve all areas needed, such as the older towels being cycled out. Management has been working with housekeeping to make sure this is not an issue with any future guests. We will also be looking further into the cleanliness of all guests carpets.
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let us know what areas need improvement and I hope you will be back again soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Clean and comfy. Lots of breakfast choices and the 6:30-10 window was great for early risers and those sleeping in. Convenient location to everything with public transportation right out the door. The bathroom light was connected to the fan which was horribly loud, so I found myself using the heat lamp for light. Otherwise, it was everything you would expect.

Room Tip: pick a location somewhere between the street and the back stairways
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank WedsChild
GMCA430, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay with us. We value our guests feedback and use it to improve for all future guests. I will definitely speak to maintnance about the noisy fans and appreciate your input regarding this matter.

I hope you will choose to stay with us if you're ever in the Santa Monica area again.