“Pleasantly surprised”

Comfort Inn Santa Monica
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here during our 10-day trip down the coast of California and were pleasantly surprised by the accommodations. It is on a major road so our first concern was road noise but our room was on the inside, facing the "courtyard" area and it was very quiet. The rooms have been recently updated and ours was very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel but we did walk by and saw that it was the typical hotel continental breakfast (cereal, pastries, waffles). It is quite a hike to get to the beach from this hotel but the big blue bus stop is right next door and it will take you down to the beach and the touristy areas for $1 (per ride).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jennacole6
GMCA430, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Jenna,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Your feedback is important to us and it is great to hear you found the staff friendly and helpful.

I hope you will consider staying with us on your next visit to Santa Monica!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed for three nights at Comfort Inn. Nice clean rooms. After a long walk ( 2 miles ) to Santa Monica Pier it is nice to take a dip in the hotel pool. Wifi is working OK all over the hotel. Free parking direct at the hotel. Good service at frontdesk. Quick check in and out.
Reason for below average service is breakfast. Food is OK when You are Lucky enough to get any. Very little space for many people. Many people had to stand up and eat or go their rooms.
Quite a distance to the Beach.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ken,

Thank you very much for leaving us a review on your recent stay. I am glad you were able to utilize our outdoor heated pool after a visit to the Pier. It is also nice to know the front desk was nice and helpful to you.
I do want to apologize for the size of our breakfast area. It is on the smaller side and does get very crowded during summer months when we are sold out. Luckily, the weather is usually pretty nice and a lot of guests opt to eat outside on the patio sections.
We truly value your feedback and hope you will choose to stay here if you're ever in the area again.

Regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

reading the other reviews one would think twice to stay here, but I will say it's not as bad as people make it seem. Although we stayed here only 1 night, it was a good place. yes, the hotel is about 15 minutes from the pier and yes there is traffic. You are in LA, so there will always be traffic. The parking was great and we were always able to park in front of our room. (we had a ground floor room). the bathroom was large. The room clean. The TV worked, and so did the WiFi. Breakfast was good per my husband and son. The rooms come with a mini fridge and microwave so it's great for those on a rode trip. No this is not a luxury hotel but for the price (according to the area) it's a good deal. We would stay here again.

6  Thank Joanne L
GMCA430, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Joanne,

We thank you very much for leaving us a positive review. Our entire team works very hard to make sure all areas of the hotel are up to date and clean so we truly appreciate it when guests notice these things.
I hope you will be back again in the near future!

Regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed with the family (my wife, 3 teenage boys and myself) - room was big enough, breakfast was very good (plenty of variety), the hotel is nicely located in a quite area.
Close enough to the Santa Monica pier, and other attractions, without being in the middle of everything :)
There is plenty of parking space.
We stayed in the second floor, I reckon it was quite upstairs and not downstairs near the breakfast area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Roadrunner2772

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving a review of our hotel. We truly appreciate your comments and are glad you found the breakfast to have plenty of variety. We are constantly changing up the hot items to ensure guest satisfaction.

We welcome you back if you're ever in the area again!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

A little dated but clean and well maintained. We stayed for 5 nights and found it to be a useful base for Santa Monica and the Hollywood tourist trail.
The room was comfortable with the usual amenities for a motel type accommodation in the US.
Breakfast room small but we got a table every morning. A good breakfast selection for the price.
We would stay again if we were in the area.

3  Thank SheppeyTraveller

Dear guest,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our rooms comfortable. We look forward to having you back next time you are in Santa Monica.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have read some of the recent negative reviews about this Comfort Inn but I didn't have the bad experiences they did. My nephew and I recently stayed here for 3 nights and we had a comfortable stay. It was a very fair price, probably because it's not close to the beach and pier but The Big Blue Bus will take you there and it is only $1.00. It picks you up right outside the hotel and they seemed to run every 15-20 min. and we had no problem getting one near the pier at night to bring us back to the hotel. We also took the Big Blue Bus and got off on 3rd, an area with shops and restaurants called the Promenade.
We found the breakfast to be very good, lots of choices. It might be a small area and can get crowded, as another reviewer stated, but there are tables just outside the breakfast area so we didn't find seating a problem. We did not use the pool area so I cannot comment on that. I will concur with another reviewer that there were some noisy kids in the pool area when we were there as well but I don't place blame on the hotel. My question is that if there are unsupervised and noisy kids at night, where are the parents?
I found the front desk staff to be very friendly,helpful and courteous. Ray, a nighttime desk clerk, recommended LA Amazing Tours for a tour around Beverly Hills and Hollywood so we went on his recommendation and it was a great tour so we thank him for that advice. Our room was very clean and the bed and pillows were comfy. My 17 year old nephew said the wifi wasn't the best but to me that is no big deal.
My experience here was great so if I am in Santa Monica again, I would stay here again. Oh, and Coogies Restaurant just across the street was very good.

Sandy

Room Tip: away from the pool
3  Thank Sandy S

Dear Sandy,

I sincerely thank you for your kind review! Our hotel is operating at 100% occupancy for these summer months, and we are doing our best to exceed every guests expectations, so it is wonderful to hear you were satisfied!

Your compliment about Ray will be passed along to him and management, thank you for kudos on our friendly front desk staff.

We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you visit our area!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel was a dump. Looked nothing like the online pictures. OVERPRICED for what you got. Not in a good area and far from the beach. Front desk was rude and not customer focused. They didn't even have movie channels or movies to rent. We cancelled the last night and left

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cari J

Dear Cari,

I am sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations during your last visit. We have recently upgraded our bedding and the current pictures of our guest rooms reflect this new bedding. I apologize if they appear to look different than the actual rooms.

Our front desk does their best to accommodate all guests and be as helpful as possible, so it is disappointing to hear you did not find this to be true.

Regarding the in room movies, we do offer two HBO channels, free of charge. It is correct that we do not offer movies for rent, my apologies for this.

I hope you will consider staying with us again. Please contact me directly if there is anything further I can help you with.

310-828-5517