“Nice stay”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica
Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed 22 December 2013

My son and I just stayed here (it was my fifth or so stay over the years) and we enjoyed the hotel. The location is great and the room and free breakfast was great. We switched rooms after the first night as it was too close to the 10 and we had a roomful of little kids next door. The hotel went above and beyond to accommodate us which we appreciated. The rooms are a little tired but it was nice to have a fridge and microwave and some space. Park across the street in the muni lot for $5 a day. Everyone in the hotel was very friendly and went out of their way to provide good service. I will be back and thanks again!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
JDSmith1, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you for your business, five stays with us says quite a bit. Glad that we were able to accommodate your room move -- please plan another visit with us in the near future.

Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

For what we paid I would have expected nicer rooms and better services.
The people are nice and helpful but the hotel rooms were average looking. We had to ask for another robe and our coffee machine as we had pods and sugar but no machine or cups.
Another let down was they only have one washing machine and one clothes dryer for the whole hotel. After doing a load of washing we found out that the dryer was broken so we had to catch a cab to dry our clothes at a laundromat.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Unfortuanate about the dryer, very sorry for the inconvenience. We have future plans to expand this offering due to the amount of guest usage. Encouraged that you found our staff to be nice and helpful.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

The DoubleTree Hilton was my first stay in the Santa Monica area.....although I did get the Executive Suite, so I can't really say how a standard room would be, but the Executive Suite was just that....sweet!! It is a huge room with a sitting room separate from the bedroom and bath. The bed was so comfy and there was a huge soaker bathtub. This room was very clean and the sleep quality was the over-the-top, as there was no noise from the street or the adjoining rooms.
The hotel itself is very nice looking with a tremendous staff, who were very helpful and friendly, always greeting you when you walked in and out
It is a good location too, just about a 5 minute walk to the beach and very close to stores and restaurants (just up the hill).
If there was one shortfall it would be that the balcony left something to be desired. It was very small and there was a post in the middle of it, with no chairs, so it was basically useless to me.
All in all, I would definately go back and have already recommended this hotel to a few of my friends who are travelling to LA soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for recommending our propertly to your friends, very much appreciated.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

From the minute we walked in until the time we checked out, this hotel and staff was the best!! Everyone was very professional and friendly and the property very clean. If you have a choice, choose the DoubleTree in Santa Monica. Also, within walking distance to the ocean, 3rd Street Promenade, shopping, restaurants, bars, etc.!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
JDSmith1, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for your patronage and your kind remarks regarding our property and staff, very much appreciated. We look forward to having you back again.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Our first time in Santa Monica and first time at a Doubletree property. We were very pleased with the accommodations and location. I would highly recommend this hotel. The hotel was very clean and modern and the restaurant and lounge were very nice with good food. Our suite was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Welcome to Doubletree; nice to know that Santa Monica was your first Brand experience with us -- and hopefully many more to come..

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I will start congratulations for your great staff at the Double Tree hotel Santa Monica. I went to my company annual sales meeting and for the first time I use you Hotel. Since my arrival everybody was smiling and announced a very friendly welcome to me. I got sick at the plane with food that I purchase at the plane and felled terrible, as soon that I approach at the front desk Ms Mirna took care of my check in and ask me how that I feel ? I said to her “Not good” and told her what happened in the plane. She offered me help, gave me a complimentary bottle of water and wish me a fast recover. After 1/2 of my check in, I received a call from Mirna at the room asking me if I was ok and feeling better. It was so important that she follow up on me about my status that I could believe. The day after in my meeting I exposed my experience in you hotel and 3 coworkers that was staying at the Ocean View hotel did a check out and move to you hotel with me.I travel a lot around the world for my company and you can recognize when you received a GENUINE service like that. The room cleanest was great, the Maid did excellent work with my room, the valet parking staff was fast and friendly, publics area was impeccable. There’s only one word to describe you staff service “OUTSTANDING”. I wish you the greatest success in the world so good they made me feel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Caribbeantravelers71
JDSmith1, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

We certainly hope that this note finds you feeling better; we appreciate your business and the referrals and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

The room had a leak coming down from the ceiling. It became a waterfall. I called the front desk and they said they were sending a person from facilities. 30 min later I called again an then they said I could move to another room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
JDSmith1, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is a valuable component in monitoring our success and identifying areas that need improvement.

Meeting and exceeding your expectations is our primary objective and I apologize if there were some maintenance issues regarding the leak coming from the ceiling. The issues you experienced are not normally a reflection of the standards we hold ourselves to. Your feedback will be reviewed with our entire management team to be addressed immediately. I hope you will not let this isolated incident detour you from staying with us in the future. I am confident that given the opportunity, your next stay with us will be a more pleasant one.

Thank again you for your time and valued feedback. If I can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly.