“Great for the family”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica
Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed 26 February 2014

If you are seeking out a hotel in the Santa Monica which is very comfortable for your family and of great value. This is the place to go.

The suite can comfortably accommodate parents and even four kids with two double beds and a convertible couch in the second room.the restaurant food is good with a good buffet breakfast as well as Ala carte options.

There is an overnight parking lot across the street where u can park for 5 dollars and avoid the high valet charges. Plus you are only a five to 10 minute walk to the beach

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Carol S
JDSmith1, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review from a family perspective. We pride ourselves on being able to appeal to all travelers and also meet and exceed their needs.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

The staff was awesome, when we checked in the front desk made it their duty to ask about our baby. We were appointed a very large room which made it great for the baby and my wife thought the room was very clean, she even let the baby crawl on the floor. The only thing I wish they could do at this hotel is pick it up a put it closer to the park, beach and boardwalk but that is just two blocks down the road.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
JDSmith1, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

We will talk to our owners about moving the hotel a little closer to the beach -- i know our staff would like it also. Enjoy the time with your baby and for trusting us to help make memories that will last a lifetime for your family.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Finding sensibly priced accommodation in the LA area which was not far from the beach was difficult but we were really pleased with this choice. The excellent customer care started the moment we drove in. The car was taken off to be parked, our luggage was taken to our room and check in was quick and efficient with the added bonus of a chocolate cookie each!
The room was large with a separate lounge and bedroom. The air con unit in the sitting room was a bit noisy but you couldn't hear it in the bedroom.
The maid service was excellent. each morning she was aware that we had gone for breakfast and by the time we came back our room was cleaned.
The included breakfast buffet was excellent with a wide choice of fruit, cereal, cooked breakfast, freshly made omelettes to order and a wide choice of croissants and pastries. The service was good and the waiter remembered after the first occasion that we wanted tea with our breakfast.
The hotel is only a 10 minute stroll from Santa Monica beach and pier and close to a wide selection of restaurants in a very safe area.
The staff were always friendly and greeted you as you came in and out and asked how you were.
We ate in the hotel restaurant on one evening and the meal was delicious, well presented and the service good.
Would definitely recommend this hotel just wish we had been there longer to enjoy the pool!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

That's it, next time you need to hit the pool first -- our guests can't seem to get enough of it and it would appear that you touched all of the other facets of the hotel. See you next time.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I've stayed here a few times. Big rooms, nice staff, quiet, pool, easy walking to Santa Monica Pier/beach etc. Room clock and microwave clock weren't working/on/set properly. Didn't recognise me as hilton honours so had awful view. Ask for one overlooking pool - you may get glimpse of the ocean. Love the cookies on check in. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We appreciate your loyalty as a HHonors Member; disappointed to read that we were not able to provide you with a better room location. I have notified our Housekeeping Department regarding the challenge with the room and microwave clock -- thank you taking the time to write and let us know. .

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We checked into this hotel because we did not want to stay in L.A.
This hotel was a 20 min ride to everything we were looking to do. When we checked in we were told our room was ready but it was not the room we requested. We requested two queens and they said our one king and sofa bed was what we asked for. When I pulled out my printed confirmation page the clerk was surprised. He called over the manager and she found us the room we requested. I asked the manager Mirna if she would comp us for the parking because of all the confusion which she agreed. When I got the check out bill the parking was still on the bill. When we called to address the situation they told us the would remove it. Before I left I asked for a print out and there was still one nights charge for parking. When I asked why, they finally removed it. I had to stay on top of it. Yo can park across the street for a fraction of the price , dont waste you money on parking. Now for the positives, free wifi, large rooms, clean place, highway to LA right around the block. Santa Monica pier and other local attractions just blocks away. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank spoilednewyoker

Sorry for the confusion upon check-in and also the credit for parking. We empower our team to make such accommodations. Glad you found our location to your liking.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I would definitely stay at this hotel again! It is clean, quiet, comfortable, reasonably priced and close to the Santa Monica pier, shopping and dining. We walked everywhere. And the hotel staff are more than accommodating! :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

It is always encouraging to read about our staff and how accommodating they were -- thank you very much and hopefully their is a return visit in your future plans.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We booked this hotel, because I was traveling with my baby and I really wanted to have a suite so I could put her to bed and have the friend that I was traveling to staying over after dinner to chat. The room had a microwave and a refrigerator which was excellent for bottles/milk. The room was immaculate and very quiet. The hotel was a quick walk to 3rd Ave Prom, dining, the pier, etc. I was looking at trendier hotels that all had mixed reviews and I chose this hotel because I could get a suite for less than I could get a room at most places. This is now my Santa Monica hotel and I will not stay anywhere else from now on when I visit. Oh, and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Upon leaving, I asked the bellman where the ice machine was to fill up my cooler for milk, and instead of just telling me, he asked how much ice I would like and filled it! The hot cookies upon arrival were nice, too. The ONLY thing that I didn't like were the showers. When we got to our room there was pooled water from it being cleaned and since the shower was open to the bathroom with no lip or such on the floor or shower door my daughter toddled through the water then slipped and fell on the tile floor.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Sorry to hear that your daughter experienced a slip in the bathroom; I have notified our Housekeeping Department of the incident to ensure it does not happen to another guest. Thank you for letting us know about the situation and thank you for bringing your family to our property.