“Fabulous Oasis in Beautiful Area with Super Concierge”

Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The best hotel in the Santa Monica area - always my favourite when going to LA and Santa Monica area. Perfect location, great rooms and super customer service.

They have a super concierge - Azar - who is amazing and knows all the good places to go and provides an excellent service!!! You must go and get some advice when you are at the hotel.

Room Tip: Ocean Tower rooms are great and rooms are on the small side but have spectacular views of the sea an...
1  Thank Frequenttravele
CarlySkinner, Director of Rooms at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Frequenttravele –

Thank you so much for your review, and I agree with you – we are the best! Our team so very appreciates the nod to our customer service – especially Azar, who read your review and is thrilled about the mention!

See you next time!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Was attending a series of daily conferences in the large ballroom and every morning before the meeting was a buffet of scrumptious pastries, wonderful teas, coffee, etc. But what impressed me most was the service. The attendants at the morning continental breakfast were unobtrusive and yet kept every single service area full to the brim, clean, tidy. Same for the lobby dining area - superb service. Mark, perhaps the head server, remembered my name when I came back for a version of their most delicious breakfast steak. I found the lobby dining much more quiet, unhurried, and fast, compared to a more hectic environment in Fig, the actual restaurant. Service was much less attentive though the food was still excellent. I would stay there the next time I go to Santa Monica. It's just heavenly.

Room Tip: I didn't actually stay in this hotel. But they have little bungalows on the grounds in addition...

Dear CoolLoon –

This is my favorite kind of review – one which highlights that our service is really what sets us apart from other properties in Santa Monica. There are lots of lovely options to choose from when deciding on a hotel, but it is people like Mark that keep our guests returning to the Miramar over and over.

Thank you so much for your kind words! Please reach out to me directly when planning your next visit!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The concierge service in this hotel is outstanding !! Both Ryan and Amber went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure my friend and I get into see Jimmy Kimmel Live because my friend had gone through Breat Cancer treatment and really wanted to go, so they even got us into the green room.
Also, both Ryan and Amber took card of our needs with the excellent restaurant recommendations and reservations. They even booked restaurant reservations for the dates that we were in Beverly Hills Hotel which made it extra special not to worry about it when we got there.
Thanks again to you both !

Room Tip: try staying in the newer tower, the rooms are renovated in the newer part of the hotel....my only &q...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear ellyajram –

Thank you so much for the shout-out to our Concierge Desk! I’ve said it before on Trip Advisor, and I will say it again – they are the BEST in the business, hands down. I don’t think I would have had half the memorable experiences in LA that I’ve had if it weren’t for their recommendations and suggestions!

Regarding your “room tip” about the large dog in the lobby lounge – while we are a pet-friendly hotel, we do not permit animals of any kind in any of our food & beverage outlets. This particular dog is actually a service animal, and the owner provided all required documentation allowing the animal in areas that would otherwise be off-limits. I would hate for this to deter you from staying with us again, so please reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss further.

I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed at the Fairmont for five nights whilst in LA. From the valet when you arrive to the cleaners, the service was both friendly and excellent. The hotel is an old resort style set up but very well looked after and is very up to date. The bungalow I stayed in was really good value. Nice and spacious and well appointed bathrooms, with the added little touch of putting your name on the bottles of shower gel, shampoo etc..kind of shows they are trying to be personal.
The Fig is a nice place to eat but the outside patio areas were also great, lots of space, plenty of patio heaters and brilliant service.
The gym was good too, lots of space and good equipment with a fantastic outside patio area to exercise in the fresh air, with great views.
I couldn't have been more impressed with this place. I will keep going back if it's always this good.

Room Tip: The bungalows are great!

Dear LANYUKTraveller –

Thank you so much for the rave review! Please keep coming back because we really are always that good  We do our best to personalize the guest experience in any way we can – from toiletries and amenities, to detailing all our guests’ preferences in their profile so each stay feels more and more like coming home.

Hope to see you again soon during your next visit to the states!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Tremendous hotel and great staff. My wife loves this hotel particularly when staying in the Bungalows. We now make a habit of staying a night when flying out of LAX (just 20 minutes away in AM drive). Get to revisit Santa Monica, take in sights go to a great restaurant and have the best accommodations around.

Room Tip: You can't beat the bungalows large rooms, quiet with privacy, and outdoor terrace for afternoon...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Boris P –

Thank you for the review! I’m from the East Coast as well, and to me, the Miramar always represented the epitome of the Santa Monica experience. Please let me know the next time you stop by – I would love to meet you and your wife to thank you in person!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed at the Fairmont Miramar for the weekend and couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable stay. We had a great room on the top floor looking south down the beach so we could see the pier lit up at night. Room was very comfortable (with a Nespresso machine in the room). When we arrived the maids we in the hallway and asked if we needed extra towels, Nespresso capsules etc.

Had breakfast at Fig which was very different (in a good way) tasty and definitely a step up from even a JW or Ritz Carlton breakfast. We were eating at a local restaurant on Saturday evening (Melisse - which is outstanding) on the Saturday night, so the concierge arranged for us to have use of the hotel's chauffeur driven car (a BMW 750 hybrid) to drop us off and pick us up after dinner The driver, Robert, is very friendly and vey accommodating like all of the hotel staff we met over the weekend

My girlfriend used the spa while I went to the gym, which has everything; free weights, treadmill, several Life Fitness/Nautilus machines and a stationary bike on the balcony overlooking the pool.

The hotel is in a great setting and is convenient for the beach, and all of Santa Monica. It's right next to PCH so its convenient for driving up the coast to the Getty Villa, Malibu etc.

I've been to 7 or 8 hotels/resorts this year and this is the first time i've jumped onto trip advisor to post a recommendation. Nothing was too much trouble and everyone from the maids, to the restaurant and bar staff, concierge, front desk and Robert the driver are all very helpful and customer focused.

I would highly recommend the Fairmont Miramar Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The classic Eagles song was never far from my head on a visit here. Yes, the hotel if fine, and the fig tree in the courtyard is memorable, but my best suggestion is the following:

Go out in the morning, across Ocean Drive, and walk North along the nicely-landscaped parkway. Then wait for the sun to get just high enough in the sky, and look back through the tall palm grove when it is silhouetted against the sun, with a building in the background. Yes, it almost looks like the iconic cover photo from the album Hotel California!

Now, before someone jumps up and down, (and before I have to explain to someone what an "album" is), let me acknowledge that this is not, actually, the supposed subject of the Eagles album cover, not to mention the fact that you can, in fact, both check out and leave this place. However, for someone traveling from another part of the country, looking up a the sun peaking through the palm trees really let's you know that you are in California now!

I added an iphone photo that captures the shot. I am sure some other travelers can do better.

So, load up the track on your music player (including the guitar solo at the end) and head out for a nice walk.

Room Tip: Some have ocean views; some don't. If it matters to you, ask; if it doesn't, you should pay...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business