“Overall great hotel experience”

Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights here and had a wonderful experience! Room with balcony and great view of the ocean. Staff very friendly and wonderful breakfast spot in the morning. Bustling activity at night but room still quiet. Overall wonderful stay and would stay here again. Location great too.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,473)

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed here on a business trip just a few weeks ago. The hotel is very conveniently located in the heart of Santa Monica right by the ocean. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The Exhale gym and spa is terrific. The food (including the Bungalow bar on premises) is pretty good as well. What impressed me the most was their service. I have stayed here a few times and it has always been pretty good. This time I had a slight fall while running on the beach... when I returned to the hotel the staff was very caring and helped me out a great deal. It was really nice to be taken care of like that when you are not at home. Thanks a ton and please keep that up!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CarlySkinner, Director of Rooms at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Ari P –

Thank you for the great review! We just revised the menu offerings at The Bungalow, so it is great to hear they are a hit! I am pretty much obsessed with the “Poutine” and think it is the best bar snack ever (for those of you reading that don’t know what it is…please hurry over here and find out!)

I am most pleased with the remarks about our service. We may have amazing food, beautiful grounds, and a fabulous location, but without our team we wouldn’t be the hotel that we are. We most definitely will keep it up!!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Our last minute decision to spend a night in one of the bungalows was a fantastic decision. The room was large, nicely appointed, and very very clean and comfortable. The little patios for the rooms were perfect for the dogs that are allowed to stay in the hotel. If there were any dogs, they were nice and quiet and. . . invisible. The coffee was fantastic. The staff and service was friendly and helpful. The hotel location was terrific. . . close to all the shopping, the farmers market, and the beach. Noise of traffic was effectively eliminated by small fountains EVERYWHERE, with babbling water creating a serene and peaceful environment. Loved the landscaping and the layout of the grounds. The gym was very nice. We will return, for sure.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank foodaspoetry

Dear foodaspoetry –

I’m so delighted that you are so delighted! I can imagine what a perfect getaway we are just down the coast from you, and it sounds like you enjoyed our property to the fullest. Please let me know when you plan to return and I will ensure an equally fantastic stay the next time around.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

The best hotel in the Santa Monica area - always my favourite when going to LA and Santa Monica area. Perfect location, great rooms and super customer service.

They have a super concierge - Azar - who is amazing and knows all the good places to go and provides an excellent service!!! You must go and get some advice when you are at the hotel.

Room Tip: Ocean Tower rooms are great and rooms are on the small side but have spectacular views of the sea an...
1  Thank Frequenttravele

Dear Frequenttravele –

Thank you so much for your review, and I agree with you – we are the best! Our team so very appreciates the nod to our customer service – especially Azar, who read your review and is thrilled about the mention!

See you next time!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Was attending a series of daily conferences in the large ballroom and every morning before the meeting was a buffet of scrumptious pastries, wonderful teas, coffee, etc. But what impressed me most was the service. The attendants at the morning continental breakfast were unobtrusive and yet kept every single service area full to the brim, clean, tidy. Same for the lobby dining area - superb service. Mark, perhaps the head server, remembered my name when I came back for a version of their most delicious breakfast steak. I found the lobby dining much more quiet, unhurried, and fast, compared to a more hectic environment in Fig, the actual restaurant. Service was much less attentive though the food was still excellent. I would stay there the next time I go to Santa Monica. It's just heavenly.

Room Tip: I didn't actually stay in this hotel. But they have little bungalows on the grounds in addition...

Dear CoolLoon –

This is my favorite kind of review – one which highlights that our service is really what sets us apart from other properties in Santa Monica. There are lots of lovely options to choose from when deciding on a hotel, but it is people like Mark that keep our guests returning to the Miramar over and over.

Thank you so much for your kind words! Please reach out to me directly when planning your next visit!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The concierge service in this hotel is outstanding !! Both Ryan and Amber went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure my friend and I get into see Jimmy Kimmel Live because my friend had gone through Breat Cancer treatment and really wanted to go, so they even got us into the green room.
Also, both Ryan and Amber took card of our needs with the excellent restaurant recommendations and reservations. They even booked restaurant reservations for the dates that we were in Beverly Hills Hotel which made it extra special not to worry about it when we got there.
Thanks again to you both !

Room Tip: try staying in the newer tower, the rooms are renovated in the newer part of the hotel....my only &q...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear ellyajram –

Thank you so much for the shout-out to our Concierge Desk! I’ve said it before on Trip Advisor, and I will say it again – they are the BEST in the business, hands down. I don’t think I would have had half the memorable experiences in LA that I’ve had if it weren’t for their recommendations and suggestions!

Regarding your “room tip” about the large dog in the lobby lounge – while we are a pet-friendly hotel, we do not permit animals of any kind in any of our food & beverage outlets. This particular dog is actually a service animal, and the owner provided all required documentation allowing the animal in areas that would otherwise be off-limits. I would hate for this to deter you from staying with us again, so please reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss further.

I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed at the Fairmont for five nights whilst in LA. From the valet when you arrive to the cleaners, the service was both friendly and excellent. The hotel is an old resort style set up but very well looked after and is very up to date. The bungalow I stayed in was really good value. Nice and spacious and well appointed bathrooms, with the added little touch of putting your name on the bottles of shower gel, shampoo etc..kind of shows they are trying to be personal.
The Fig is a nice place to eat but the outside patio areas were also great, lots of space, plenty of patio heaters and brilliant service.
The gym was good too, lots of space and good equipment with a fantastic outside patio area to exercise in the fresh air, with great views.
I couldn't have been more impressed with this place. I will keep going back if it's always this good.

Room Tip: The bungalows are great!

Dear LANYUKTraveller –

Thank you so much for the rave review! Please keep coming back because we really are always that good  We do our best to personalize the guest experience in any way we can – from toiletries and amenities, to detailing all our guests’ preferences in their profile so each stay feels more and more like coming home.

Hope to see you again soon during your next visit to the states!