2,651 results
All reviewsfig restaurantfig treeocean towerbungalow barlobby loungestreet promenadebeautiful propertyconcierge deskcar servicevenice beachturn down servicebeverly hillshotel in santa monicavalet stafflos angelesocean frontvalet parking
Reviewed 23 November 2013

What a really nice hotel....

Right from the very first moment we stepped into this hotel, the reception gave our son a soft toy, it was just a really nice stay, and they certainly tried to make sure we felt special!

Concierge is super helpful, the snack/restaurant area outdoors near the pool is superb, and our Palisade Suite that we stayed in was really nice and roomy. you even get your own bar area! There was just something about this place that made you feel special.

Of course it wasnt perfect....

maybe i'm spoilt but for the price you pay i would have hoped that you would get a seperate shower rather than just having one in the bath.

The turndown service was quite slow when we asked to have the foldaway made up for our son, and oh spiders.... my goodness, we only stayed 3 nights but on two of those nights i found spiders the size of a small cat inside our room!!!! They have banana plants near the windows of these suites, i guess they come from there...

oh and although they didnt charge me for wifi when it wasnt included... (another nice touch) it should be free anyway!

Anyway only small gripes. If you are staying in LA/Santa Monica, this place is perfectly situated right near the shopping and the Santa Monica Pier . I would definitley stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Had an excellent weekend at Hotel. Loved the location and view from our room. My wife had an excellent experience at the Spa. We also particularly made use of the car service. Even though we had a car, it was suggested that we use their service for in town stops and used it for dinners. The staff was very friendly and when we checked out the person at the front desk who also checked us in remembered where we were from. All in all a perfect spot in Santa Monica

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This review is long overdue, as my wife and I stayed at the Miramar in June 2013 during a very busy Film & TV conference.

Reading previous reviews, I had some concerns on nightclub noise and spoke to Jackie Kerns prior to travel. Jackie alleviated my concerns, and the room she booked for us had no noise issues and came with a wonderful view of the beach and famous Santa Monica Pier.

While our check-in had it's challenges (I'm chuckling while typing this), every minor hurdle was met with a grand gesture from the Miramar staff. I hope I don't cause trouble for my new friend Edgar Garcia, in sharing this... As I often travel with an extensive kit of video gear, I count on in-room safes more than most. While the safes at the Fairmont held some of my gear, my 15" MacBook would not fit (I've never had this happen). When Edgar, Director of Hotel Security, heard about this he quickly had a larger safe securely installed above the existing one - No questions asked!!

The food and service at FIG was deliciously beyond any hotel restaurant I had experienced, complete with tasty microbrews, a diverse tequila list, and waffles with bacon ice cream.

Last, but definitely not least... Seasoned travelers will agree, consistent concierge service is a rarity in large chain hotels. However, each day of our stay, we were met with smiles, name recognition, amazing referrals (DW is pining for another visit to The Doves Salon), and that luxurious courtesy car was a nice surprise Kyle ;-0

We have sent others your way, including friends of ours visiting Miramar for Thanksgiving, and we hope to come back ourselves in 2014.

With thanks,

The Septembers

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights here and had a wonderful experience! Room with balcony and great view of the ocean. Staff very friendly and wonderful breakfast spot in the morning. Bustling activity at night but room still quiet. Overall wonderful stay and would stay here again. Location great too.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed here on a business trip just a few weeks ago. The hotel is very conveniently located in the heart of Santa Monica right by the ocean. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The Exhale gym and spa is terrific. The food (including the Bungalow bar on premises) is pretty good as well. What impressed me the most was their service. I have stayed here a few times and it has always been pretty good. This time I had a slight fall while running on the beach... when I returned to the hotel the staff was very caring and helped me out a great deal. It was really nice to be taken care of like that when you are not at home. Thanks a ton and please keep that up!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CarlySkinner, Director of Rooms at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Ari P –

Thank you for the great review! We just revised the menu offerings at The Bungalow, so it is great to hear they are a hit! I am pretty much obsessed with the “Poutine” and think it is the best bar snack ever (for those of you reading that don’t know what it is…please hurry over here and find out!)

I am most pleased with the remarks about our service. We may have amazing food, beautiful grounds, and a fabulous location, but without our team we wouldn’t be the hotel that we are. We most definitely will keep it up!!

Carly Skinner