Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Cal Mar Hotel Suites(Santa Monica)
View Hotel
Palihouse Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
  • Room Service
The Georgian Hotel(Santa Monica)
  • Beachfront
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
Hotel Carmel(Santa Monica)
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
2,520 results
All reviewsfig restaurantfig treeocean towerbungalow barlobby loungestreet promenadeconcierge deskbeautiful propertythe santa monica pierturn down servicebeverly hillslos angelesvalet parkingocean frontfew blocksexhalepalisades
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I would not return. The Fairmont doesn't come close to the expectation I had for the price and from other reviews. I really wanted to like my stay at the Fairmont but in the end I could not. Here is a list of what I got for $500/night.
+ Great valet service
+ Friendly concierge service
+ Fruit in my room
+ Coffee in my room
- Dirty room that was not vacuumed or trash emptied; bed disheveled.
- Employees and management discussing business/employee issues in front of guests
- Employees bickering amongst themselves at lobby bar in front of guests. Noon bartender on Sunday insulting early morning coffee barista for no reason.
- Hit and miss service from employees; an initial friendly smile and offer and usually a miss on any followup (i.e. providing a menu but no return for order at the pool)
Room not ready at check in; statement that my room was not ready due to an upgrade when simply my room wasn't ready. I received the room I paid for

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SCtoAK
CarlySkinner, Director of Rooms at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear SCtoAK –

It is obviously disheartening to read the first line of your review. It is even more disheartening to read the reasons for your dissatisfaction are all service issues which could have been easily avoided.

There is no excuse for what you experienced, but I hope the pros outweigh the cons and you would consider returning to see we are much better than that. Please reach out to me directly at carly.skinner@fairmont.com so we can discuss your stay and next visit further.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

A place for everyone to relax, rest and revive. Has every facility that you would keep You busy 24/7! I can't wait to get back there, for another zstsyy
Having a personal driver was one added firaghe
Of which
To enter

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Dear Allan M –

Thank you so much for your review!!! It is true we have a lot going on here…so much that you don’t even need to leave!

Hope to see you during your next visit to Santa Monica!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I have stayed at the Fairmont Miramar many times. In every case, I have ALWAYS had a fantastic experience. On my most recent visit, my college-age daughter was staying with me and we were in a bi-level bungalow with a patio (my favorite of the Fairmont's accommodations).

Part of what sets the Fairmont apart from the competition in Santa Monica is the service - the staff is amazing. On our last visit, Candace and Jennifer at the front desk went above and beyond to ensure that our stay was amazing. I lost an earring the first night, called the front desk in a panic to ask for a flashlight to search the area in the closet, and a bellman arrived with the flashlight - and then spent thirty minutes helping me find it! The room service waiters worked hard to present every room service order beautifully. Our housekeepers lovingly cared for our room. The valet staff were friendly and helpful each time we needed our car. The pool attendants and pool wait staff created a fun and welcoming atmosphere that made us want to hang out there. Literally every staff member treated us as valued guests.

I love the location of the Fairmont Miramar and ability to hop out of the hotel and walk the Third Street Promenade, up Montana Avenue, or down Ocean Avenue by the beach . The fitness facility is well-outfitted, (not in a dreary basement as is so often the case), and the Exhale Spa is excellent. The food and cocktails are wonderful both the Lobby Bar and Fig. I have stayed at most of the other five-star properties in the area, but will keep returning to the Fairmont.

Room Tip: Bungalows make you feel like you are staying at a beautiful beach home. Ocean-view tower rooms on the north side have a gorgeous view toward Malibu; south side has a fun view of the Santa Monica pier.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear TerrellMarshall –

I am printing this review and posting it everywhere so our staff can see these amazing comments in print…thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review! Remembering and singling out so many members of our team means so much to us…and it means we did our job right.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly to assist with any of your future bookings!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Everything from our arrival under the fig tree through to departure was completely enjoyable. The staff was warm and helpful, the room was appointed nicely and most of all our 6 year old girl was treated like a superstar! Thank you to everyone at the Fairmont Miramar for making our last few days in California some of the best (we wish we could have stayed longer). Cheers!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Justin L –

What a flawlessly fantastic review!! Thank you!! We wish you could have stayed longer too…so now next time you’ll have to!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My family and I stayed here for a long weekend getaway at the end of April 2014. We had adjoining rooms and a suite on the 10th floor and why the rooms themselves were good (but not great), I cannot say enough great things about the staff at this hotel. We interacted with three members of the concierge staff (Amber, Ryan & Kyle) and they were all AMAZING. Each night they recommended different local restaurants and each night we were wowed by their selections. They made reservations for us at each place and clearly have great relationships with these restaurants because we were treated like VIPs given free dessert and excellent tables. I was also impressed by the fact that they remembered me and the reservations they made for us and asked how it went when I'd see them in the lobby the next morning. One night we were running about 10 minutes behind and despite having another call on the line and 2 other people at her desk, Amber was able to call Blue Point Oysterette to make sure they would save our table. Her professionalism and courtesy was wonderful.
We were also impressed with the staff elsewhere in hotel. My sister and I had called ahead and asked for a bottle of champagne be sent to one of the rooms in honor of my parents' anniversary. Within a half hour of arriving, the champagne arrived, along with chocolate covered strawberries and a personalized message from us. One morning of our stay was also very windy. We had the patio door open some and when my father came into the room, the door slammed causing a bottle from the bar to fall down and break. There was a housekeeper working in the adjoining room so we alerted her to what happened and she called to make sure we would not be charged for this bottle. When we arrived back at the room later that day, a bottle of wine and a gorgeous fruit and cheese plate was waiting for us with a note from the manager apologizing for that morning's accident and expressing her gratefulness no one had been injured.
Again, I cannot say enough good things about the staff at this hotel. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear lsumsum –

Thank you so very much for these kind words. Our team wows and impresses me every day, and it is beyond rewarding to read comments such as yours from our guests.

Amber, Ryan, & Kyle will be thrilled with the shout-out, as will the Room Attendant that alerted management to the broken shelf (which, by the way, has been replaced and secured to the wall many, many times over!)

The Miramar team and I hope to welcome you and your family back during your next visit to the States!