“Awesome hotel!”

Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Always stay at the Fairmont when in Santa Monica. Close to everything and the staff and atmosphere are unbelievable!
The bar restaurant food and cocktails are great. The waterfall and fire pit tables make it so comfy. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Diamond1112
CarlySkinner, Director of Rooms at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Diamond1112 –

Thank you for the “awesome” review!! We do our best to create an unforgettable Santa Monica experience for our guests, so its nice to hear when we get it right. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I travel to Los Angeles fairly frequently, and have for about 20 years now, and I have to say Fairmont has become my go-to in Santa Monica. I enjoy Shutters, Oceana, Casa Del Mar, The Viceroy, but for me Fairmont beats them. The location for one, is perfect. You're on Ocean, you can walk to a dozen great restaurants (SUGARFISH) and you're close to Whole Foods and the Promenade. Second, the staff is great. I don't go that often but the waiters still remember me which is incredible. Third, the rooms are cozy. Not huge, but in the main tower you always have a view of the ocean and I love having a Nespresso machine in my room. The gym and pool are very nice. The restaurant in the hotel is great. And after a hard day at work, pulling into the valet under that giant iconic tree always makes me smile. The only thing bad is the new (to me) nightclub. It can get pretty loud, so ask to be on the pool side and you'll be fine. And that said, the club is quite nice to hang out in, feels like a nice beach house on the inside.

Room Tip: Get a pool side (South side) room on a high floor in the tower.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear imike808 –

Thank you so much for the five stars! That means a lot coming from such a loyal guest who clearly knows other hotels in the neighborhood. You hit on many of the points which make our property so special, and thank you for appreciating what a great spot Bungalow is even though it may not be your favorite! Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Excellent Fairmont Property with excellent staff. Fitness center is outstanding with unique indoor/outdoor set-up. Small property with rooms right outside of lobby lounge makes for party type atmosphere. Great Location. Bungkaows are fun and unique hotel experience.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
CarlySkinner, Director of Rooms at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Brice K –

Thank you so much for your review! It is true our property is definitely a vibrant one, but our team takes great care to ensure our guests are not disturbed. I’m assuming by the five stars you gave us that you were not! And thank you for making mention of our fitness center! We underwent a complete renovation less than a year ago which included all brand-new equipment of which we are very proud. Hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The location is fantastic, with gorgeous views of the Pacific Ocean and the Santa Monica Pier. Our room had a full ocean view and a balcony, and I would've been content to never leave, although we had lots of fun plans about town. There is also a variety of great spots to eat nearby. The staff were friendly, warm, courteous and extremely helpful. They made us feel welcomed and taken care of throughout our visit.

Dear Jean B –

We thoroughly enjoyed having you as much as you enjoyed staying with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Almost all the rooms in our newly renovated Ocean Tower have private balconies and the most exquisite views of the coast, so I’m so happy you were able to experience that. Standing outside taking it all in makes you realize just how special a place Santa Monica truly is. Hope to see you the next time you’re on the West Coast!

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Having stayed at a Fairmont Hotel im Singapore I was expecting a great room but with lots of things not working. However, this Fairmont is a smooth operation. The rooms are spacious wuth really good beds, the service was superb and the hotwl restaurant Fig was pretty good as well. I would definitely come back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Glenn T –

Sorry to hear your stay in Singapore was less than satisfactory, but I’m so pleased we could restore your faith in Fairmont! I especially love to hear that our service is “superb”. Thank you for the review, and please reach out to me directly before your next visit so I can ensure an equally wonderful stay!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The location of the hotel is wonderful, but for the price I would likely stay somewhere else on Santa Monica Blvd. Service was OK but not exceptional. Rooms and view are great. Complimentary bicycles.

2  Thank Jacqueline K

Dear Jacqueline K –

My sincerest apologies that you found our service only “okay”. That is certainly not the standard we hold ourselves to, and clearly not the opinion we want any of our guests to leave with. Please reach out to me directly (carly.skinner@fairmont.com)...I would love the opportunity to prove to you our team is just as great as our rooms and view.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stay at this hotel during my frequent visits to Los Angeles. This hotel became
my home in Los Angeles. The location is great. It is close to terrific restaurants in Santa Monica and Venice Beach. I like Farmer's market on the Main Street in Santa Monica and I love walking along the beach. It is easy to take a bus from the hotel to Beverly Hills and great restaurants there. Public transportation is superior. My daughter likes soul cycle and Berry's boot camp fitness centers. My husband likes running along Santa Monica and Venice beaches. Each of us likes to do different things and find
that staying at Fairmont makes everything easy to access. My daughter comes to visit us with her little pug and he is very nicely welcome too. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Bozenna P –

Thank you so much for your review! We love being your home away from home, and you are absolutely correct – staying at The Miramar gives you the easiest access to the best Santa Monica has to offer (I myself am a huge fan of Soul Cycle across the street!) As one of our most loyal guests, I’m sure your next reservation will be hitting our books any day now – we look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!