First, after you figure out what to do with your car, on 8 or so parking spaces, you can enjoy where you are. Across the street, 24 hrs for 14.00, next door, Lowes 36.00 for 24 hrs. We were lucky, after the first night, a slot opened up and we did not move it. Now the room, we were in the back, 29 A. Excellent room. View of the pier, quiet, cute and clean. We were here for New Years. Walking distance to the sand, the pier, restaurants and the promenade shopping street.. Surfboards, guitars and california memorabilia everywhere. Breakfast is small, bagels, yogurt, fruit and coffee n juice. The staff is very helpful when needed. They do not have heat or ac in the rooms. And no spare space heaters if some one has asked for two. So in this case, they brought us a couple extra blankets, which we used. Kinda tuff, when the warmest place in the room is in the shower.. Better dress fast.
At the pier is the famous Lobster Restaurant. Great ocean views. We chose Blue Plate Taco down the block on Ocean. Best Mexican food i have ever had. We went twice, and one night was New Years Eve.
They did give us a late check out so we could finish the Rose Parade with our blankets. So it all just makes an interesting tale and it would not keep me from coming back. BTW, it was the best night rate on Ocean Blvd. for New Years Eve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Classic, Oceanfront Santa Monica Hotel (formerly Hotel California) Unwind at this laid-back, oceanfront hideaway along the Pacific. Bask in the sun and carefree lifestyle of Southern California and stay a while at the Sea Blue Hotel. With a prime beachfront address, our tranquil, seaside refuge welcomes you to the heart of Santa Monica. Relax in our private courtyard with beach access, so you can dip your toes in the sand any time. Stay within walking distance of the Santa Monica Pier and the iconic Pacific Park Ferris wheel, and close to the local shops and galleries that line the Third Street Promenade. Just minutes from LAX, Venice Beach, and Malibu, our modern, surf-inspired accommodations with free Wi-Fi will leave you rested and relaxed, so you can head out to catch some waves and explore the best parts of coastal Southern California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sea Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- California Hotel Santa Monica
- Hotel California Santa Monica
- California Santa Monica