Hotel California was as expected- it's an old style building but in a fabulous location. There is access straight down to the boardwalk and it is about a minute from the pier. It's so close to all of the shops and restaurants.
The room was ok, old fashioned but clean. The bathroom was small and old, the only problem I had was that the hot water in the shower was very sporadic and temperamental. The fan and main light for the room did not work, the fan wouldn't even turn on and the light flickered.
Overall it was ok, the room probably wasn't 100% up to scratch for the price but in that location we knew it may be the case.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located steps from the beach and from the famous Santa Monica Pier, this world-famous hotel offers complimentary coffee, tea, fruit, WiFi, as well as a private beach pathway! Experience the laid back California lifestyle as it should be. Moments from the shopping and dining, Third Street Promenade, Venice and Muscle Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Hotel California reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- California Hotel Santa Monica
- Hotel California Santa Monica
- California Santa Monica