We stayed for a couple of nights and really appreciated it's sense of California style. Not traditional hotel rooms but more like mini-apartments with classic movie posters and a true sense of Los Angeles style. Walls are a bit thin and there was a "disturbance" in the room above us. However, the Manager seemed to get things under control. Both Aaron and James at the hotel were attentive, courteous and always trying to help. Location was great and laundry was free. Yes, it can be a little tired here and there but it has personality. Sometimes shiny and new also means sterile and soul-less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located steps from the beach and from the famous Santa Monica Pier, this world-famous hotel offers complimentary coffee, tea, fruit, WiFi, as well as a private beach pathway! Experience the laid back California lifestyle as it should be. Moments from the shopping and dining, Third Street Promenade, Venice and Muscle Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Hotel California reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- California Hotel Santa Monica
- Hotel California Santa Monica
- California Santa Monica