“Will definitely be back!”

The Hotel California
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Louisville, Kentucky
“Will definitely be back!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

this place is awesome. I was with my husband and another couple and we only stayed for 2 nights and I didn't want to leave. #1 directly on the beach. #2 the people who worked there took care of our every step. There was a guy named James I think, he literally was so nice that he gave us free parking for a night, reduced our rate (for no reason!) gave us free cab passes- and here is the kicker: my husband is tall, he is 6'8" and in a boutique and unique place like this it was going to be a problem, so they found one room that had a tell ceiling in the bathroom and no footboard on the bed. It was perfect! There was another guy named Aaron and he helped us find everything locally that we needed. Do yourself a favor, stay at this beautiful place. Stunning flowers everywhere and the rooms were so cool! You will not be disappointed. Plus, for us it was great, because it was two couples and the second bedroom was sort of separate, and the main bedroom had a door so there was privacy compared to hotels where it's just one room with the beds next to each other. Loved it! By the way the beds are fantastic.

Room Tip: Call and talk to them and they will help you get the right room for your needs. That's what we d...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Hotel Californi... S, Front Office Manager at The Hotel California, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Katie - As a fellow Kentucky native I had a blast hosting your group! The Kentucky-Louisville NCAA showdown was a ton of fun and you made my day with your lovely review. I'm glad you enjoyed the BEAUTY REST mattress :) Upon your return, please call me directly here at the hotel and I'll take great care of you guys! James Broome, Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My family and I stayed here last month. The beds in our two rooms were amazing, we were able to sleep off our jet lag pretty well! I sincerely appreciated the cleanliness, especially after staying at some questionable hotels on our trips. The service was exceptional as well, really made us feel welcome.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hotel Californi... S, Front Office Manager at The Hotel California, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Sydney - thanks for the lovely note from Canada! The Hotel California owner, The Dude, sends his regards to you - he hails from Nova Scotia and takes pride knowing fellow Canadians enjoyed our hotel in the California sunshine! When planning your return, please call me directly so I can take great care of you! Cheers, James Broome, Front Office Manager
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a little older, but the staff and service were stellar. I had a few requests that were a little out of the ordinary, but James took care of them without question! I received a pretty solid discount by calling the hotel to make my reservation. I was in Santa Monica for work, but I would really like to bring my wife here sometime.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hotel Californi... S, Front Office Manager at The Hotel California, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Hi Jazzbball - I'm thrilled you had such an enjoyable stay with us! I look forward to hosting both you and your wife - we'll keep the pizza parties hopping upon your arrival. Please call me directly so I can take great care of you! James Broome - Front Office Manager
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Hotel California was the ultimate in relaxation! This was definitely a home away from home and a perfect getaway from a harsh winter. From the moment we landed and were picked up in the fabulous limo to our departure we were treated like extended family. I will definitely be booking a return trip. I have stayed in many hotels over the years but this is by far my favorite place to get away. Thank you to Larry, Curly and staff!

Room Tip: Stayed in room 10, it was lovely!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Loved everything! Sweet staff, nice room with cute decor. Best cheese bagel ever at breakfast! Within walking distance to EVERYTHING! forget the rental car till after your stay, you won't need it and you have to pay for parking. (Only negative here) I would go back and I would recommend to friends. You can check out, but you can never leave......fine with me!

• Stayed April 2014
Hotel Californi... S, Front Office Manager at The Hotel California, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
We appreciate the awesome feedback! The Hotel California is within walking distance to all the famous places in Santa Monica. We look forward to your return :) We'll even keep some cheese bagels for your friends!! - James Broome, Front Office Manager
Livington
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago and we are so glad that we found this little gem near the beach! We stayed in a suite in the back area and there was plenty of space. The breakfast and coffee were great, and so was the staff. James went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and let us know about a really cool Hollywood hiking trail. Would love to visit this hotel again!

• Stayed April 2014
Thanks so much!! We've really upgraded our courtyard and breakfast offerings. I'm totally excited that you appreciated the hotel and enjoyed your stay! When you return, I've got plenty more hiking trails in mind :) See you soon! James Broome, Front Office Manager
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Super fun hotel! Loved staying here. Good location, even better price We got a better deal by calling the hotel directly and booking with James. He also checked us in when we arrived and was very attentive throughout our stay!! Cant wait to come back next holiday! Cheers!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hotel Californi... S, Front Office Manager at The Hotel California, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for your kind post. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay... We look forward to your next visit! - James Broome, Front Office Manager