this place is awesome. I was with my husband and another couple and we only stayed for 2 nights and I didn't want to leave. #1 directly on the beach. #2 the people who worked there took care of our every step. There was a guy named James I think, he literally was so nice that he gave us free parking for a night, reduced our rate (for no reason!) gave us free cab passes- and here is the kicker: my husband is tall, he is 6'8" and in a boutique and unique place like this it was going to be a problem, so they found one room that had a tell ceiling in the bathroom and no footboard on the bed. It was perfect! There was another guy named Aaron and he helped us find everything locally that we needed. Do yourself a favor, stay at this beautiful place. Stunning flowers everywhere and the rooms were so cool! You will not be disappointed. Plus, for us it was great, because it was two couples and the second bedroom was sort of separate, and the main bedroom had a door so there was privacy compared to hotels where it's just one room with the beds next to each other. Loved it! By the way the beds are fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located steps from the beach and from the famous Santa Monica Pier, this world-famous hotel offers complimentary coffee, tea, fruit, WiFi, laundry room, as well as a private beach pathway! Experience the laid back California lifestyle as it should be. Moments from the shopping and dining, Third Street Promenade, Venice and Muscle Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Hotel California reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- California Hotel Santa Monica
- Hotel California Santa Monica
- California Santa Monica