“Excelent stay !”

The Hotel California
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed for 3 nights week before last. The reception staff especally James and Aaron are really helpful, and nothing is to much trouble.
Good clean rooms, and breakfast was good. Would definately stay there again, and would recommed all our friends and family to stay there.

Thank you we had a great time.

Room Tip: all room are good
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen M
Hotel Californi... S, Front Office Manager at The Hotel California, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thanks so much for the great review Karen! We're glad that you enjoyed our clean and beach themed rooms, along with the breakfast. Definition feel free to send your family and friends our way and we'll be happy to extend to them our 10% referral discount. Next time you are in need of some California sunshine out there in London, just pick up the phone and give us a ring!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great hotel, with a fun and funky vibe. Super clean rooms. Perfect location, within walking distance to everything Santa Monica has to offer. Warm, welcoming and very accommodating staff. A real gem -- you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel Californi... S, Front Office Manager at The Hotel California, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Funky and fun, that's exactly how we like to do things here! Thank you so much for such a stellar review! As you mentioned, we sure are walking distance to just about everything you need to see in Santa Monica. Next time your here we'll give you some new cool places to walk in the area. Call us up directly and we'll be sure to take care of you as a return guest!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed there for 3 nights in March 2014. Rooms, although slightly dated, which adds to the experience, are very clean. Location is within walking distance to everything Santa Monica has to offer and central to bus routes which transport you to the world of LA. Had such a wonderful stay that I am going back in July 2014 for 3 nights. Katie and James, who are in reception, could not be more helpful. They know the area very well and are happy to assist you in any way they can. Fantastic place and this will now be my place of choice whenever I visit LA.

Room Tip: Try to get a room upstairs as it can be a tad noisy on the ground level. We had what seemed like a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

We are SO glad to hear that you are planning to come back in July! We strive to make sure that each and every guest has a special experience at our little gem by the beach. Katie and I are extremely glad that we were able to add to your stay and make it that much better. We will always do everything we can to make everyone's stay the best that it can be! We'll see you soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I booked the Hotel California drawn, of course, by the iconic song of the Eagles, but I went away with something much, much better: namely, the memory of the heavenly scent of jasmine, which permeates the grounds and happens, not so incidentally, to be one of my favorite fragrances on the planet; the sight of the blue-and-white toile de jouy-like quilt on the bed in my second-story (and storybook) room which only placed second to another heavenly blue vista that I could see from my window--the Pacific Ocean; and the warm welcoming staff--in the persons of Katie, James, and Aaron--who reminded me that places after all are not about things and thingamajigs--but about people. Turn up your speakers, give another spin to the Eagles song for old times' sake and hurry over to Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica. You won't be sorry.

Jill Newman Iversen

Room Tip: Opt for a second-floor corner room for sun, sea...and spaciousness.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Jill,

Thank you so much from ALL of us for such a heartfelt, descriptive, all around amazing review! Guest feedback is so important to you, and your comments are even more than expected. The next time that you are heading our way please give myself, Katie, Aaron, or anyone on our staff a call directly. We will take the absolute best care in making your reservation and making your stay just as great as the last time. Can't wait to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I called The Hotel California, in March, 2014, to book 5 rooms for a 4 day stay last week and talked to Katie. She was friendly, knowledgeable, and very helpful. The entire process lasted less than 15 minutes. She answered all my questions and understood perfectly what we needed. I called to confirm 2 days before and everything was ready for us. When we arrived last Wednesday, she greeted us all and got us all quickly to our rooms. The rooms were very clean and topical. Surfboard headboards on the bed and movie posters on the wall. Katie was professional and courteous. We had a small problem with one room and it was dealt with swiftly.The continental breakfast was delicious and well stocked. The location was perfect. I highly recommend staying at this hotel. And, the dude does abide. Great job Katie.

Room Tip: Ask for two beds.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Douglassft
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel, and location was great, one of the best hotels I've visited yet! The service was excellent and the rooms were great. I'm definitely staying here in my future endeavors, and will/would recommend anyone visitingthe area to stayat this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I'm a local that had a client come into town and I decided to put him up here. I was with him when he checked in, and I was amazed at how as an LA native I had never been to this place! The decor was funky, but very inviting. A lot of beach/rocker/movie type of memorabilia all around. We went out for drinks and I ended up staying the night here, and it was a great unplanned surprise. Next time I bring a business partner in I will highly suggest the Hotel California. The guys at the reception area (Aaron and James) were very helpful as well. It's always nice to get a real welcoming feeling, as opposed to most of the larger hotels where I usually stay.

Room Tip: Nice little walkway down to the beach.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business