My wife and I stayed at this hotel on our wedding night. The front desk was helpful and polite. The staff was great, but the room was so dated. I understand that's what they're going for, but it's just underwhelming when you walk in. The ceiling fan could not be ran on low or medium because of a knocking noise. Room 33 did have an ocean view, but over a rooftop. Not romantic or anything.
I would not stay here for a romantic setting. Try to spend more on another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located steps from the beach and from the famous Santa Monica Pier, this world-famous hotel offers complimentary coffee, tea, fruit, WiFi, laundry room, as well as a private beach pathway! Experience the laid back California lifestyle as it should be. Moments from the shopping and dining, Third Street Promenade, Venice and Muscle Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Hotel California reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- California Hotel Santa Monica
- Hotel California Santa Monica
- California Santa Monica