The location can't be beat - it is just a few steps to the beach. We booked a deluxe suite and there was nothing deluxe about it. We knew from reading reviews that there was no air conditioning, but also thought there would be ocean breezes to compensate. Even though all the windows were open, it was unbearably hot in the room. The bathroom was tiny and the towel rack was on the floor in pieces. Even though they advertised parking, we were told the lot was full and we had to pay $40/night to valet park at the hotel next door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located steps from the beach and from the famous Santa Monica Pier, this world-famous hotel offers complimentary coffee, tea, fruit, WiFi, as well as a private beach pathway! Experience the laid back California lifestyle as it should be. Moments from the shopping and dining, Third Street Promenade, Venice and Muscle Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Hotel California reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- California Hotel Santa Monica
- Hotel California Santa Monica
- California Santa Monica