Spur of a moment trip to Santa Monica and I found this hotel on trip advisor. Got into Santa Monica around 5 but had trouble getting to the hotel because of traffic and construction so I called the hotel to get directions and the gentlemen at the front desk was not helpful in the scents that he did not care. Finally we got to the hotel and checked in which was OK, again not helpful when I asked any recommendations for dinner his response was "I don't live in the area but just walk up the street and you'll find alot" showed me where to park my car and that was the last time I saw him. Got up the next morning and decided that we would like to stay an extra night if possible, dreading the same front desk experience I was greeted by two rays of sunshine in the names of Katie and James. They were understanding and helpful in getting an extra day for us, they are top notch employees and people. Getting off my soapbox now and on to my review :
The atmosphere was great with garden walkways and sitting areas.
Our room was small but not in a bad way with a queen size bed, a plush chair.
The bathroom had a tub and shower combo and a small sink.
Plenty of shelves for storage and a safe and fridge.
32 inch TV and a clock radio.
Ceiling fan for cooling because there is no AC(more on that later)
Katie and James +100,the maids and service staff.
5 min walk to Santa Monica Pier
No ac, but during the evening it is fine. Why are you in your room during the day with the beach a few yards away.
Parking, there is a few spots but are taken early. Parked at the Lowe's hotel down the street for $40
Spotty wifi, there is City WiFi at the beach for those who can't get away.
This is not upscale but a vintage hotel to relax and recharge and I plan to recharge again at the Hotel California. Thanks again to Katie and James for making this part of our trip memorable. And be sure to get a hug from Katie, it will make your day start out right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located steps from the beach and from the famous Santa Monica Pier, this world-famous hotel offers complimentary coffee, tea, fruit, WiFi, laundry room, as well as a private beach pathway! Experience the laid back California lifestyle as it should be. Moments from the shopping and dining, Third Street Promenade, Venice and Muscle Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Hotel California reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- California Hotel Santa Monica
- Hotel California Santa Monica
- California Santa Monica