“Second Time”
Review of Sea Blue Hotel

Sea Blue Hotel
Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My second time at hotel California was nothing short of amazing. Although this time I was here on business, the second I knew I was coming to LA I called up Katie and of course she took care of everything for me and within minutes I was all set. I am always impressed when I get to the hotel, for such a small place I love that I am treated as a regular guest. The breakfast is always getting better, although a stronger wifi signal would be appreciated, especially when I am there on business. Overall another amazing stay, thanks to the front desk crew for the always amazing hospitality."

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Hotel Californi... S, Front Office Manager at Sea Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Jacob - thanks for returning to The Hotel California! Glad you had a great business trip and that you appreciated our much improved breakfast. Please let me know when you are back in the area and I will set up a great return rate for you @ 310-393-2363. Cheers! James Broome, Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,161)

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

A big THANK YOU to Katie and the rest of the hotel staff for a wonderful experience. All I kept thinking while there was, how charming this place is... private access to beach/pier, lots of trees and plants, memorabilia galore, lots to do within walking distance and super comfy beds. Tables and chairs all around to enjoy a morning cup of coffee or just sit and take in the beautiful weather and scenery. So cozy. Like the signs say.... cool rooms... warm people. Hope to go back soon :) :)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Hotel Californi... S, Front Office Manager at Sea Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Nicole - thank you for such a glowing review! Glad you enjoyed our comfy BeautyRest mattress and it's so great you took advantage of our new courtyard. Please contact me directly at the hotel for a great return rate @ 310-393-2363 Cheers, James Broome, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed there last week (Aug 13, 2014). Arrived early and my room wasn't ready until 3 pm. To make up for this, although they didn't have to, Aaron and Katie upgraded me to a suite at no additional cost. The location is prime and hundreds of dollars less than the surrounding hotels. although the rooms are about as old as the song itself, don't let this fool you - it only adds to the charm. They do have flat screen TVs. The courtyard is great... tables to lounge or just read a book. My suite had a porch with a little loveseat in front of comfortable enough to fall asleep in. Staff is excellent and they make your comfort a priority. Continental breakfast is a nice plus. Will stay there over and over again.
-Dustin

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dustin P

Dustin - congrats on picking the hotel that didn't pick your pocket! I'm pumped you had a great experience at The Hotel California...upon your return please book direct with us at hotelca.com or 310-393-2363 for a great return rate. See ya soon! James Broome, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Thank you Katie, Aaron and James for a making our L.A girls trip even more fabulous. This hotel has THE perfect location for having fun on the beach and enjoying Santa Monica Pier. So much to do and all within walking distance. The staff.....beyond excellent.... they make you feel right at home and welcome. The room was like staying in a small surfer house on the beach. Very cozy and comfortable. The beds... soooo comfortable. Loved this hotel. Can't wait to come back.

See you guys again soon!

Room Tip: We had the 2 bed Jr. suite with a balcony... very nice layout with partial view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

We are thrilled you had a "fabulous" visit to The Hotel California!! Aren't those BeautyRest mattresses the real deal, or what?! We look forward to hosting you again by the beach! Visit us at hotelca.com for a great return rate...Cheers! James Broome, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 14 August 2014

From the moment we arrived we were welcomed warmly by the team here and it was only due to an issue at our pre-booked accommodation that we ended up staying here. Couldn't have been more pleased, cool rooms, great staff and some wonderful memorabilia around the Hotel that spoke to days gone past. My family loved the location and the private beach access right near the pier was the best. Thanks team for a great stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Belmac14
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I have to say our stay at the Hotel California was one of the highlights of our trip. Aaron, James and JP went above and beyond to make our stay fun. It was refreshing to see hotel staff who understand the meaning of the word service. The Hotel is the perfect staging ground for the Santa Monica area. We walked to the beach and pier and couldn't have been happier.

Room Tip: We had the two bedroom suite which gave us plenty of room to lounge around and relax. My only compl...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Hotel California exceeded my expectations for a surprise beach stay for my daughter, her friend, and myself! The location cannot be beat if you're looking to relax on the beautiful beach, have fun on the Pier, shop, or dine. So many opportunities within walking distance made this a don't worry about driving in California, truly stress free vacation for myself! The hotel lobby staff, Aaron (with the exceptionally friendly voice!), Katie, David, and Hovva were amazing! All were very helpful with suggesting activities to give us the vacation we all needed! These individuals, along with the housekeeping staff, were genuinely welcoming, gracious, and above all else, went out of their way to assure our comfort during our stay. I sincerely hope the hotel management realizes their staff are the true gems of this beautiful little hotel!! Besides the wonderful staff, the rooms were clean, the beds, pillows, and linens were exceptionally comfortable. The many outdoor seating and table areas scattered throughout the hotel invited you to sit and enjoy the peace of the beautiful, clean courtyard. The private gated walkway of the courtyard and to the beach gave peace of mind and opportunity to sit outside late at night and early morning without any worries. The breakfast offered each morning was perfect for fueling up for fun in the California sun! We appreciated and took advantage of the fresh fruit and beverages offered throughout the day and night. I highly recommend a stay at The Hotel California if you're looking to unwind and enjoy! Thanks again guys for giving us what my girls say are "the best 4 days of their lives!!" We will be back!!

Room Tip: Room 34 is the place to be!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Hotel Californi... S, Front Office Manager at Sea Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Lori! Thank you for such a glowing review! The Hotel California prides itself on our hospitality and service. I'm so glad to hear we exceeded your expectations. We are looking forward to your family's return! Please call me directly at the hotel for a great return rate - 310-393-2363 Cheers! James Broome, Front Office Manager