“Can't beat the price”

Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Beckley, West Virginia
“Can't beat the price”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I landed another job interview, this time in Santa Monica. My travel budget wasn't very large, so I booked this hotel, based on price and it's high trip advisor score.

The main reason for the low cost is it's location. The hotel is about 20 minutes away from the Pier/Third Street concourse/ general tourist areas. It's quick and convenient to get to where you need to go, but don't expect to be right on the beach.

As previous reviewers had noted, the hotel was under construction, which made getting around the hotel difficult. I couldn't travel in the hotel proper - everything was accessible only from the outside. Fortunately, the weather was nice enough where this wasn't a concern.

So the location was only OK, and the construction made the stay inconvenient - not to mention the breakfast was only OK, and the wi-fi was a little spotty. So why did I give the hotel such a good score?

The room itself was great. It was just big enough for me to fit perfectly. The bed was extremely comfortable, and every night I slept well, and wasn't interrupted by outside noise. The hotel staff was very helpful, and I felt like the hotel was a great base for my trip.

It's not perfect, but this hotel was well worth the price that I payed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank RJ K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Phoenix
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Very nice hotel accommodations and friendly staff. Bed was very comfy. There was some construction going on but it was quiet during non-work hours and weekends. Room was was well maintained and kept tidy for me and I felt my belongings left behind were safe while I was gone during the day. I enjoyed my stay very much. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

2 Thank Timothy M
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay here. The place was nice a clean and the ladies on the desk were very friendly nice and helpful. Very easy to get to the beach and shops plenty of places to eat near hotel. I would recommend staying here to anyone who is not looking to pay a lot of money as it is well worth it.

• Stayed November 2013
smtl90405, General Manager at Travelodge Santa Monica, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
london
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We planned to stay at this travelodge for two nights and we extended by one day. The room was very large and comfortable and quiet, personnel at the reception really welcoming, knowledgeable and helpful and the location convenient (we had a car, like everyone else in the us). There was a good mexican restaurant next door and few other restaurants. the breakfast is never exciting in these hotels but everything else was good and good value for money for being in santa monica.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HolHolHol
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at our hotel. We hope that we exceed your expectations on your next trip to Santa Monica. Hopefully after the completion of our breakfast room renovation we can improve the quality of our breakfast too.
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by this mid priced hotel. Looks much nicer than the photos, they are currently renovating, but as we were only staying the weekend this fist affect us. The staff were wonderful, and went out of their way to help us with everything from buses and directions, to helping with change and laundry. Right next to a bus stop and eateries. Would definitely stay here again :)

Stayed November 2013
We appreciate your positive review of our hotel. Our staffs always try to be as helpful and accommodating as possible. Hope to see you again on your next trip t our hotel.