“Cuervorob - I will be back!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Santa Monica

Travelodge Santa Monica
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
visalia
“Cuervorob - I will be back!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Very Friendly/Helpful Staff At Check In,While Going To Upstairs Room A Maintenance Worker Saw That My Wife Needed Help With Her Bag So He Carried It To The Room For Her,I'm Sure He Had Other Things To Do But Was There To Help.The Front Desk Was Very Informative On Everything In The Surrounding Area And What Was Included During Our Stay,Wifi,Continental Breakfast Etc. Very Clean And Spacious Room,' FREE ' Parking!! Which Is a Rarity These Days-Hope That Never Changes

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BobbySmtl90405, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Santa Monica, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. At Travelodge Santa Monica Hotel, we take pride in ensuring that our team is providing the best customer service and top of the line amenities. We would like to invite you to come back and visit our property again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Booked our stay based upon travelodge reviews and were not disappointed.

The room itself was spacious and well appointed. There was a power shower and the air con unit was efficient and relatively quiet. The room was also very clean and did not seem faded.

The location is also good, we did not drive but it was a 15 min bus ride to the beach. There are a few fast food chains all close by.

The free breakfast was also decent and well stocked.

The only slight gripe we had was that the wi-fi was very bad in our room and barely worked. We also had a room adjacent to the street and at night it did get a little loud.

Would 100% stay again and given the cost is outstanding value.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
BobbySmtl90405, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Santa Monica, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have a dream of one day having an apartment in Santa Monica, as a vacation home. My 4-night stay at the Travelodge in Santa Monica let me live this dream a little bit. First of all, this is a very clean, very well kept place and it is quiet! If you are looking for a well maintained, QUIET place to stay with great features at a great price in a very expensive area, then this is for you! I have stayed in the past at the 5-star hotels in this city, and I have to say that I prefer the Travelodge for the great, helpful staff and the ability to shop and cook for yourself if you are lucky to rent an efficiency room - it has a kitchenette. And low and behold, there is a Trader Joe's on the next block! so you can shop and cook your own meals and eat better than in a high end hotel! I had no problem finding the Travelodge, and I arrived around 8PM from the airport - I also never had any problem parking. The staff here are great, very polite and helpful. The breakfast is thoughtful and well presented. And you can reach all over Los Angeles from the nearby 10 Freeway - which I could also see from my room! If you have lots of suitcases, ask for a downstairs room, because there are no elevators. But with not much luggage, I really loved the quiet of the second floor! I loved the Travelodge and I hope to be back there soon! Take it from me, this is a real find, a real gem, and that's from a very particular traveler - me! Please see my photos for more details. Thank you Travelodge staff - I just love the place!

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard room!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is really important to us as we use your comments as learning opportunities. Our team strives to ensure that each of our guests is provided with excellent service .Thank you again for being our guests and we hope to see you again soon!
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here for two nights earlier this month. We were pleasantly surprised with the accommodation. It was very clean & comfortable . Parking on site and excellent staff . There is a bus stop just across the street where u can get a bus to the pier & beach etc for a dollar a ride . Santa Monica is gorgeous & we used it as a base rather than stay in LA . We did a tour of LA from Santa Monica instead . Great place , would recommend it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sybiltheswan_11
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I was recently in Santa Monica for an event at the 3rd Street Promenade. It was actually VERY nice to be at a hotel away from the busy, craziness of the waterfront area. Recently remodeled- BOTH INSIDE & OUT - all clean, new surfaces. I didn't have a car so took the # 7 bus back and forth - $1 each way. Stops at a variety of spots near the hotel... Usually walked a couple of blocks to catch the 'rapid' bus.
Breakfast is light - nothing fancy - but there is the option of Trader Joe's just next door. My room had a 'kitchenette' - counter w/sink, mini fridge and a microwave - table and two chairs to eat at. There is a very nice courtyard between two of the 4 buildings. Nice place for breakfast on your own.
Staff is quick, friendly and very interested in making sure you have what you need. Front Desk had free toothbrush/paste to save me from my poor packing job!
There are many basic business along Pico Blvd - so you are out of 'touristy' area and can get most anything you'd need. A Dollar Store by the bus stop even has a fresh fruit/veggie stand.

Room Tip: Rooms on the courtyard would be nice - but then you'd have others (if they use it) just outside...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business