“Save your money/time and stay elsewhere”

JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed 18 July 2005

This hotel is not worth the $280 and up rate if you are looking for class and value. The room was average and "stuffy" with no patio and no open window. Hotel has no Jacuzzi and a vey small pool. We were not able to get a chair as several people were competing for chair openings. Pool was dirty and dischelved (underwater light was dangling in the water). Fitness room was nice and had a great view. Staff serving drinks were nice but not the hotel bartender who "sized us up" and refused to serve us and a few other people drinks at the hotel bar. Granted we may have had too many at dinner but his attitude was terrible. We had to get the manager out to overrule the bartender. Stay at the Lowes..much better for the same money.

• Stayed: July 2005
5  Thank TomandAli
Write a ReviewReviews (1,300)

Reviewed 12 June 2005

We did a girls weekend away here, and it was very nice. The staff was mostly very friendly and helpful. Our rooms were pretty big and clean and the bathroom super. The food at the restaurant was good, but over priced. The pool is small, and there is no drink or food service by the pool, that was a minus for us. But fantastic location, a block from the strand, and we had a fantastic time. The hotel is small which was great. The spa was nice, not out of this world, but nice. I would return.

Stayed: May 2005
1  Thank JLynn14
Reviewed 23 May 2005

I think that if you have the right expectation going in, this is a terrific hotel. It is not a beach resort, the beach is a bit of walk and unless you have a premium room, the views aren't much either. Their is a very nice small pool and lounge chair area, with a well stocked gym.

The service was very good, a few personal touches that made it very nice. The bed/pillows/sheets were great, as were the soaps and shampoo.

This is good for a business trip combined with some time on the beach, but definitely not for a family vacation.

• Stayed: May 2005, travelled on business
4  Thank tkhong
Reviewed 23 February 2005

We stayed at the Hotel for 3 nights and in most part it was great. The service was excellent way above average, but with all the rain are slideing door was leaking and there was a lot of water damage, are carpet and drapes were soaking wet. When we checked out we talked to the front desk and nothing was done about it. We thought they could of done somthing. The Spa was great and all the people working for the Hotel were very friendly and helpful. If I come back I think I might try a different place. But all in all I give the place a 8 out of 10.

• Stayed: February 2005
11  Thank spanky11
Reviewed 17 February 2005

This hotel is beautiful. It is the kind of hotel where everything you need for a vacation is right there and you really don't need or want to leave. The rooms are very good size. The bed was so comfortable. The heated pool was actually heated and we were able to swim in it, even though the air temperature hovered around 60 degrees. The service is great. The interior and grounds are very well-kept, clean, and luxurious. The restaurant was great. The food was delicious and the waitstaff and hostess were very friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. I only wished that we could have stayed more than one night and that I could have enjoyed one of their spa treatments. If I ever returned to the Santa Monica area, this is where I would stay. We even had a balcony with an ocean view which was totally unexpected. When we ordered a glass of milk from room service for our son, they delivered the milk on a silver tray in a beautiful goblet with a vase containing two tulips. What a nice touch. I love this place. Keep up the great work!

6  Thank confusedtraveler
Reviewed 5 January 2005

You can't beat a good JW Marriott hotel. We stayed for one night just before New Years. The hotel was hosting the alumni group from Texas due to the Rose Bowl game and although they were everywhere, the regular guests were treated just as special. Our room was perfect. The service terrific. And our breakfast in the Cezanne restaurant was one of the best in recent memory. A+ from the moment we stepped into the hotel until the moment we left. I can't wait to go back, and we will.

4  Thank kurock_chalk
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 December 2004

I stayed at this hotel for my birthday...in end of October 2004. Hotel was nice, clean and quiet for a busy street location.

First, valet parking was $17 per day, so I opted to park on the street a few blocks down. I checked in, presented voucher and they gave me the wrong card key. Since it was on the 5th floor, I refused to walk back down to the front desk. The staff was good enough to come to me with a proper card key.

The bill presented the morning of my check-out was correct, showed zero balance. However, after using video checkout the next day, my credit card was again billed for the hotel stay!

I have called the hotel 5 times with no return call. Faxed them paperwork showing the duplicate billing and now almost 2 months later, the double billing is still not resolved!

Of course, I disputed this charge on my credit card, but I am VERY disappointed on how this issue was handled, and refuse to stay at another JW Marriott much less this hotel. (2 years ago, when I stayed at a Hilton that had mistakenly double billed me, the problem was taken care of in 24 hours)

SO BEWARE! check your bill carefully and checkout in person..

• Stayed: October 2004