“The Honeymoon Suite was a Dream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa del Mar

Casa del Mar
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Los Angeles, California
“The Honeymoon Suite was a Dream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon. We could not have been more exhausted when we showed up. The room was beyond comfortable and inviting, it was gorgeous and dreamy! The sea shell beach theme was really very pleasant and not at all tacky. There was a beautiful four post king size bed and the jacuzzi opens up into the room with an artful shell inlay in between. I can't believe I forgot to take pictures!

The food was wonderful.

Room Tip: it's all about the honeymoon suite
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cat V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

We enjoyed staying at Casa Del Mar.
The hotel is really nice, location fantastic and service good.
Rooms were clean and quite spacious. As a family of seven, we had three rooms. My husband and myself the Ocean view room. I must admit i was a little disappointed that we had to over look a car park and look sideways to see the ocean. Being a bit fussy there i guess, but when we pay for three rooms I would have hoped for a little better than that. I'm pretty sure there were rooms better situated.
Over all though, we had a great stay

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kelli T
NY, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

We just stayed at Casa after the New Year on a stop from Hawaii back to New York. We landed at LAX at 5:30AM and knew that the hotel may not be able to accommodate as early as a check-in as this, but I can happily report that they were able to move a couple things around and get us into a beautiful room so that we could rest from our long flight. We were SO thankful to the kind woman who helped us that morning ( I was so tired that I didn't get her name). We had a room with a patio that faced the interior by the pool. It was a lovely room that made us feel at home. We had brunch next door at shutters which was also great! I had a massage at Sea and couldn't of been happier with my masseuse. We will certainly be back!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Definitely no complaints here! This property is stunning, the location is excellent and the service is top notch. The beds are unbelievably comfortable, the food at the restaurant was wonderful and the view the view the view!

We also spent some time at the pool which is just as well appointed as the rest of the property. If you're looking for an upscale beach property on the Los Angeles waterfront this is a stunning option.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mhlefforge
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

I booked this hotel as it had a room with a Sea View, gym and full Spa.
Was very upset to find on arrival that the view was a partial view. The management explained that they considered it a standard view however, if I wanted a 'direct sea view'. I had to pay an extra $200 dollar upgrade for the premier sea view. I complained to Expedia who agreed to pay for upgrade. I have to email them invoice, so awaiting the refund.

All the rooms are looked in upon. Other buildings, people on the street etc can look into your room and thus curtains need to be pulled depending on how modest you are.

I saw several rooms, they are nice with four poster beds, large tv and Jacuzzi baths and tv in the bathrooms. robes towels and toiletries are good.

they have a coffee tea machine in the room but the tea coffee is not good.

Gym is a small windowless room, with some separate weight machines, dumb bells and one bench. better than a single multigym, but not really a fitness centre or to the standard one might expect from such an expensive hotel.

Spa, is massage and treatments only, and of course very expensive.
Has a small outdoor swimming pool, very windy thus no one used it.

Parking they have a valet service which is $34 daily. This is more expensive than neighboring hotels which charge $12 to 17.

You can street park over night for free til either 7am or 9amdepending on day of the week. Then in the day beach parking next to hotel is $6 for the day 9am to 6pm. Unfortunately You have to move the car after 6pm.

located on the beach and close to peer. Santa monica, is a quiet place and distances to restaurants and shops are still a fair walk. Not that much going on, unless I missed it.

Room Tip: standard sea view is sea at an angle only see pictures. premium view is direct sea view and is nic...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank skjdas
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed here twice (en route to and from South America from Australia). I found it the most wonderful place to relax in the middle of a long 4-day journey. I could have chosen a cheaper faceless airport hotel, but I really enjoyed being by the beach and having such a wonderful hotel room to relax in. I went for a morning walk on the beach, watching the sun rise, the surfers "waiting" behind the wave breaks and the pelicans cruising along about 20cm above the wave-breaks. It made me feel alive after so long in air-conditioned aeroplanes and airports. The room was just gorgeous. Spacious, beautifully furnished and with lots of nice touches - like a collection of nice hardback books, beautiful shells etc. I felt like I was staying in the spare room of a lovely home and it was such a refreshing change from the dim brown faceless hotels of the world. I spent the day in my room, reading etc. I had a comfy armchair and a chaise longue to choose from, and positioned myself to gaze out of the window over the pool area to the beach beyond. The only thing that could have made the room into perfection itself would have been a balcony, but there are none (rooms by the pool area have a small outdoor terrace, but do not overlook the sea). The bathroom was also huge, with a shower and a bath with spa function and little windows that could be opened into the main room (but were suitably glazed for privacy if one prefers to keep them closed). I booked a breakfast room rate and decided to order room service. I had a sumptuous breakfast costing only a few dollars more than the $60 credit, all served on a white-clothed table brought in and positioned in front of the window. I was in seventh heaven! (I filled in the breakfast order and hung it on my door the night before - it was delivered at exactly the time ordered.) I found all the staff very helpful and polite. It is worth looking around you to appreciate the décor in the main area. As perhaps the hotel name suggests, the place has a Spanish/Moorish feel; look up at the ceiling in the entrance way; it is painted deep blue with gold stars between big wooden beams, and the floor is tiled in mosaic. I loved it! It had character with fun, sophistication but a real welcoming homely feel. Have I raved enough about this place?!!! Yes, it is expensive, but it is a very special place. I did book a better room as I don't like being cramped, and I knew I was going to spend most of the day in the room, so I can't comment on the "standard" rooms. But the extra I paid for a better room was well worth it.

Room Tip: I paid more for a spacious room as I intended to spend the day in the room, which I was very glad to...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Elizabeth H
Valparaiso, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

we statyed one night at casa del mar and got married on the beach outside, lovely. our room was clean and well stocked, the staff was friendly and attentive. i called before we arrived to inform them i was having flowers shipped in and the received them for me and had them waiting when we arrived. the did a great job of helping me make my stay and wedding day flawless.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple