“Loved this place!”

Rabalais Bistro
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Santa Paula
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Good for: Groups, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Southern New Orleans Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, including but not limited to: Gumbo, Fried Chicken (Tuesday Night), Po'Boys, Shrimp, Biscuits & Gravy, Soups & Salads. Dinner served Wednesday through Saturday including full beer and wine list. Beginets hot out of the fryer, or hand crafted breads and baked goods. Proudly Serving Intelligencia Coffees and Teas.
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Loved this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I think I have a new favorite place in Santa Paula! My husband and I camped near Santa Paula for years and knew every restaurant on Main Street. Years went by with no camping trips involved so we lost touch with the goings on there. When we found ourselves in town this weekend, after a long absence, we gave Rabalais Bistro a try based on the Tripadvisor reviews - and I'm so glad we did! Lovely old building, easy on the eye decor inside and a very friendly staff. We shared a Fried Shrimp Po'boy which was excellent (love that spicy remoulade!) and a side of Fried Green Tomatoes. As a Georgia native I feel qualified to say that they were delicious. I will look forward to my next visit, whether it's just for coffee (such good coffee) and a beignet or a full on meal. Did I mention that they make their own potato chips? And I'm anxious to try the Shrimp & Grits!

• Visited August 2014

Santa Paula, California
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great desserts, great food, friendly staff. Beautiful building.
Whenever I think of a pleasant place to go and have some coffee with a friend or my sisters, I always suggest Rabalais.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank AlexLisa02
Madison, South Dakota
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My husband ate there 3 times in a 24 period & we dined as a family (us & our granddaughter) twice, a takeout dinner & breakfast....this is extremely authentic & we speak from experience as we have traveled extensively in Louisiana. The grits were thick & creamy, the spices were subtle & tasty on my Bayou Benedict. The gumbo....yum! And the seafood chowder was excellent....we highly recommend Rabalais, enjoy!

Ventura, California
“Salad Was Worth the Trip!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Santa Paula is one of those towns I've driven through a hundred times but rarely stopped. This time we went to the California Oil Museum there and discovered Rabalais Bistro for lunch. It's New Orleans menu seems a little strange for this solid farming community, but people have discovered it. It is located in the middle of the downtown area a few blocks from the museum. There is plenty of free parking there. It is inside an old building with a high ceiling and a hardwood floor. It has a sort of natural feel to it. There is ample outdoor seating in front. It is a bakery and coffee shop that serves a decent lunch menu. Service was very friendly. We started with the bacon salad, which came complete with hot bacon and fried green tomatoes (might explain why it took so long to come out). This was really tasty! And I don't normally like salads. The Croque Provencial was nice but not as great as the salad. It came with homemade potato chips. The servings were large. We will come back to the museum again, but this time we're going to have breakfast at Rabalais first.

• Visited July 2014
Carlsbad, California
“Loved Rabalais”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

If you are in Santa Paula do yourself a favor and eat at the Rabalais Bistro. Food is fantastic, top of the line Bistro with a great menu to choose from, nice ambience. Food was wonderful. Service very nice.

Visited July 2014