“Phoney Prime Rib!”

Cuisines: American
Description: 805-525-9779 Phone
Description: 805-525-9779 Phone
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Our elderly fixed income, great friend took my husband and I out for dinner at MuPu Grill, the service was adequate however the prime rib was horrid. My husband who has been a chef and butchered his own meat for years said it was a slice of New York Loin Roast. Even I knew it was not prime rib as did our hostess. Worst meal we have ever had there. Our hostess called a day or so later and complained and the owner stated he would refund her money. Still waiting on that.
My husband was giving him the benefit of the doubt saying he was out of town and the chefs did not know what they were doing, or trying to save money. My husband called and complained also, same story, they would refund her money. We told the waiter that the meal was not up to par, he did not have anything to say. I believe he knew also the meat they were selling was not Prime Rib.
Very disappointing, we won't go back again. Only one really good dinner house in town is Hozy's. October 13, is an estimated date we were last there.

2  Thank susan h

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Live local to this place. The food was great about 2 years ago but over the last 2 years, each visit after that has been a huge disappointment. The bar is amazing and the service is great. However, we've tried and tried several times to give this place another chance. Meatloaf was meat flavored mush. Chicken Parmesan was like eating the strap of leather covered in tomato sauce. Because we try to support our local businesses, we tried 6 times now and so sad to say, this was bad food. The bartender is fun and has a wonderful British accent. Loved him. Just don't spend big bucks for the dishes that end up dog food. Actually, even my dog had second thoughts on the chicken.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Mupu Grill is and has been a long time favorite with me and , obviously many others. You don't stay in around this long in the restaurant business unless you have something consistent and special to offer. Food, atmosphere, and service continue to be the best. "Try it, You'll like it".

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I have enjoyed a number of meals at the MuPu Grill. The food is amazing, the service is great, and the locals are welcoming. Great place for a great meal!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The food and ambiance at MuPu Grill are great. Wait staff are friendly and knowledgeable. The decor tells a story of Santa Paula, an agricultural community where the MuPu Grill is located.