“Ode to a philly cheesesteak”

Santa Paula Steak and Hoagie
Ranked #7 of 49 Restaurants in Santa Paula
“Ode to a philly cheesesteak”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I know every now and then someone will claim It's just like a philly cheesesteak but one bite n you know It's not. Well here It's as good as a philly cheesesteak not as great as one of the better ones ,I will continue to look for that ever elusive one.

• Visited August 2014

Bakersfield, California, United States
“Always a great visit”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I come here once a week. This guys makes a great sandwich. Always fresh and always friendly. If youre looking for a great hoagie this is the spot.

• Visited May 2014
Santa Paula, California
“The closest thing to a Philadelphia "Philly" cheesesteak I've had in Ventura County.”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My wife and I have had Philly cheesesteaks here several times in the past year, sometimes eating at the restaurant and sometimes bringing the cheesesteaks home. We both would give the food a high grade. The meat has been excellent, the cheese is fully infused into the steak, and bun, peppers and onions were all good. To taste reminiscent of the cheesesteaks we had in Philadelphia that we have liked, we hold the marinara and add additional cheese. There are several options for ingredients available, all at a slightly different price.

I have also had the Hot Pastrami w/pickles, mustard and grilled onions. The pastrami itself was hot and excellent, but it had too much mustard for me. This is easily correctable. Their soup of the day has been reliably good, even if sometimes a little salty for my tastes. We will continue our frequent visits here.

• Visited November 2013