Santa Paula Inn
Glen Tavern Inn(Santa Paula)
US$113
US$86
  • Pool
US$84
QualityInn
Ocean Gateway Inn(Santa Paula)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 June 2012

The Inn is a historical building and quite charming. We stayed two nights and enjoyed it very much. The standard room was adequate in size and the furnishings were lovely. The bed was very comfortable. Donna and Christine were so friendly and helpful. They made our stay extra special. The town is really beautiful, a gem nestled in the hills. It is known for it's many beautiful mural paintings. The weather was beautiful, and I'm told it usually is. We would highly recommend a visit to the area, the town, and especially the Santa Paula Inn.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Myrna B
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We traveled with our kids to Santa Barbara but did not want to pay the hefty price tags associated with its hotels. We found this place by chance, and decided to give it a try. The B&B itself is lovely: The decor is just right, the rooms are spacious, the beds were comfortable, and the staff were friendly and informative. Only draw back is that it's in Santa Paula, and though the city has a few great architectural little jewels, the rest seems unappealing and somewhat uninviting. Next time, we'll make better travel plans, and will try to find a deal in Santa Barbara proper.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Chirp2Chirp
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I stayed here at the Santa Paula Inn for a week in May between 2 weekends that I had to be in Los Angeles. It was WONDERFUL. Christine at the desk was so helpful. The regular rooms are a bit small when you have a ton of luggage like me but the 2 suites in the rear of the house are just incredible. I could live in that one suite with the balcony. And the rooms are all furnished with lovely antiques and, important to a regular traveler like me, were CLEAN and the bed linens are clean and fresh also. The breakfast was nice. The views from the rooms to the south overlook the interesting Main Street intersection with all of its activity and also allow for watching the small planes take off from the airport.

Santa Paula itself was a very interesting little town. When I was there, they had a classic car show and the pre-1975 cars lined the Main Street. A trip back in time! On the first Sunday of the month, the steam train pulls in from Fillmore. Really worth timing your trip to see this facet of American life that has all but disappeared. Great eating in town too with 5 different regions of Mexican cuisine available along that Main Street. The chili verde from the Chili Hut around the corner from the Santa Paula Inn was amazing. Another wonderful thing about the Santa Paula Inn: It is just up from Main Street, an easy walk to check this out PLUS one needs to walk the surrounding neighborhoods with their mixture of Victorian and Craftsman homes.

I will definitely be staying here again. And you can't beat the price! My week's stay at the Santa Paula Inn was pretty much equivalent to what I pay for 2 days at the Marriott in Torrance where I stay in town in LA. And a heck of a lot nicer!

Room Tip: Go for the large suite on the south side with the little balcony! I believe these rooms are a tad noisier at night but the view of the Main Street intersection and the little planes taking off was really nice.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sheenawhite
Reviewed 9 February 2012

SP Inn is charming. The grounds are great and the rooms are cute and functional BUT, we had mouse or rat feces in our room. It was along the walls and under the tv hutch. The desk agent didn't offer to move us or discount our stay, but the manager did. I think these people care about their guests. They may have a mouse problem though and it should be addressed.

Room Tip: The suites are good for families.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank Kerry N
happygolucky07, Owner at Santa Paula Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

This response is false. She says she told the front desk clerk about the problem and that person did nothing. But, then she said another Manager did correct the problem. This is not true because we only have one person who acts as Manager and Front desk clerk at any one time.
And since I live on the property, I would have known about it.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

I have stayed weekly for a number of months on business.
Donna and her staff take great care of the visitors.
Always comfortable beds in great little rooms each individually decorated with antiques.
I would stay anywhere else when I am in the area.
My favorite hideaway!!!

Room Tip: Just Ask and they will help you select the best for you
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business