“A lovely time!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Santa Paula
Santa Monica, California
“A lovely time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Seven friends and I stayed in five very comfortable rooms this past weekend. We had a lovely time. The owner and manager were helpful and friendly. The Inn had a lot of character and had been very nicely restored while keeping its original character. I would recommend the Santa Paula Inn to friends and if I were ever in the area again I would stay here.

Room Tip: Note: I'm pretty sure there was no fitness center and there was no swimming pool. On the plus...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Quantico, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

My family and I always stay here when we come up to visit family in Santa Paula. Christine has been so nice and helpful to us throughout the past 2 years we've been visiting. We love staying here because it is clean, cozy, homey, the beds are SUPER comfortable, and the breakfast in the morning is great. We are moving out of state soon and will without a doubt continue to stay here when ever we come to Santa Paula!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

I decided to stay here based on the reviews on this website, which sounded overwhelmingly positive. Unfortunately, I didn't find that to be the case.

It started with the check-in process. The woman who worked there, while very pleasant, was new I assume (if she wasn't new, she has no business in that job). She was totally confused about what the password was for wireless, and ended up giving me the wrong one. (I later went back downstairs to tell her the password wasn't working, but she was too busy chatting with some local priest about personal business and ignored me. A few minutes later, when someone else who worked there walked by, she said, "I think this guest needs help with his wireless." The other employee managed to help me.)

She also volunteered to give me suggestions about local restaurants, but these "suggestions" only involved handing me some brochure the town puts out about local restaurants, and then reading the brochure to me. (Um, hello?)

The room itself was old and needed quite a bit of help. While there was a kitchenette (microwave, rerfrigerator, sink), there were a bunch of empty cupboards too, which was kind of pointless. The window appeared to be the original one from a jillion years ago when the building was built; it wouldn't close fully and was the opposite of air-tight. The handle on the blinds (which appeared to be old as dirt...and dirty as dirt) would fall off every time I opened and closed them. The tile on the bathroom floor was partially broken off. The carpet was old and worn, and the floor tile was gray, but reeked of needing a good cleaning. I found hairs in the bathtub. The walls were the thinnest of any place I've ever stayed at. On the second night I heard the guest next door snoring, as well as the TV from someone's room.

On a positive note, the breakfast items put out each morning including cereal, juices, coffee, tea, fruit, and random bready (bagels, cake, bread) things, with a toaster available. It was really the best part of the place. The bed was pretty nice as well in terms of comfort. The manager introduced herself to me; she was very pleasant. The place is just old and needs major updating.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Gregs_out_West
Kvil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

I stayed 3 nights at the Santa Paula Inn and was pleased with the service. The Inn has quite interesting history and there are a variety of rooms to stay in. When I saw that my room was overlooking the car lot next door I was conderned at first however the room was quiet and a good value. Christine Burt checked me in and gave me options on my room.
There are a number of good cafe type restaurants just around the corner including an Irish Pub. The doors to the inn are locked at 8pm however you have the combo to get in from the convenient parking area. Give it a try, it is a nice departure from the standard commercial motels and hotels. And unlike many inns the bed was a very good sleep.

Room Tip: If possible look at different rooms to make your selection.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Woodside, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

The staff at Santa Paula Inn was very friendly and accommodating. The great value B&B was a freshly restored building built in the early 20th century. Walking distance to shops and restaurants in downtown. Beds very comfortable. Only complaint were the thin older bathroom towels.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

We recently booked up the Santa Paula Inn for a production shoot in Santa Paula. We put all of our talent and some of the crew up at the Inn, and it was by far the best hotel that we used in the area. The management, Christine and Donna, were incredibly warm, friendly, accommodating, and helpful. The rooms were clean, the showers were hot, and everyone felt taken care of. We'd definitely stay with them when shooting in the area again.

Thanks Donna and Christine!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sarah H
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

My wife and I spent Thanksgiving night here, after a dinner with friends. The manager (I think her name was Christine) was wonderful and made us feel right at home. It's an old building, and had a lot of character.

Most of all, it satisfied my "big 3" hotel requirements- clean, quiet and comfortable. It passed with flying colors.

I will definitely return whenever I am in the area again.

Room Tip: The second floor might be preferable. However, we were on the first floor and it was fine.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Wyndham Garden Ventura Pierpont Inn
Ventura Beach Marriott
Ventura Beach Marriott
#5 of 22 in Ventura

Been to Santa Paula Inn? Share your experiences!