“Nice Stay”
Review of Santa Paula Inn

Santa Paula Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Santa Paula
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Nice stay, was impressed with the large room and the hospitality was great. I booked room 16 but was told it was not available, it was odd to the nice woman at the front desk that I was able to book that room since it had been reserved for months now. She explained the situation and detailed the error that was made, but still enjoyed room 17

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jreda12

Reviewed 30 April 2013

We stayed at the Santa Paula Inn for three nights, along with several others who were attending the same wedding. Christine, the manager, was terrific!! The accommodations were really nice, roomy, and clean. The breakfast room in the mornings had a nice selections of fruit, breads, and coffee and tea. There was also an outdoor patio with tables and a fire pit, which we burned on two of the nights. The inn is also only a short walk to town and some local museums and historical sights. All in all, a great place to stay!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jake i
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We got in a little after 8pm, so never met the owner/manager? But they did call before they left for the eve, and gave instructions on how to get in and to our room. Not complicated. Had dinner at an nice Irish pub a couple blocks away. The inn is cozy and eclectic and Clean. The patio looks inviting, too bad we didn't stay long enough to use it. Breakfast was okay - muffins and cereal. No fresh fruit. Not much different than you get with the continental breakfast at other chain hotels. Not awful, just not special. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Seven friends and I stayed in five very comfortable rooms this past weekend. We had a lovely time. The owner and manager were helpful and friendly. The Inn had a lot of character and had been very nicely restored while keeping its original character. I would recommend the Santa Paula Inn to friends and if I were ever in the area again I would stay here.

Room Tip: Note: I'm pretty sure there was no fitness center and there was no swimming pool. On the plus...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My family and I always stay here when we come up to visit family in Santa Paula. Christine has been so nice and helpful to us throughout the past 2 years we've been visiting. We love staying here because it is clean, cozy, homey, the beds are SUPER comfortable, and the breakfast in the morning is great. We are moving out of state soon and will without a doubt continue to stay here when ever we come to Santa Paula!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I decided to stay here based on the reviews on this website, which sounded overwhelmingly positive. Unfortunately, I didn't find that to be the case.

It started with the check-in process. The woman who worked there, while very pleasant, was new I assume (if she wasn't new, she has no business in that job). She was totally confused about what the password was for wireless, and ended up giving me the wrong one. (I later went back downstairs to tell her the password wasn't working, but she was too busy chatting with some local priest about personal business and ignored me. A few minutes later, when someone else who worked there walked by, she said, "I think this guest needs help with his wireless." The other employee managed to help me.)

She also volunteered to give me suggestions about local restaurants, but these "suggestions" only involved handing me some brochure the town puts out about local restaurants, and then reading the brochure to me. (Um, hello?)

The room itself was old and needed quite a bit of help. While there was a kitchenette (microwave, rerfrigerator, sink), there were a bunch of empty cupboards too, which was kind of pointless. The window appeared to be the original one from a jillion years ago when the building was built; it wouldn't close fully and was the opposite of air-tight. The handle on the blinds (which appeared to be old as dirt...and dirty as dirt) would fall off every time I opened and closed them. The tile on the bathroom floor was partially broken off. The carpet was old and worn, and the floor tile was gray, but reeked of needing a good cleaning. I found hairs in the bathtub. The walls were the thinnest of any place I've ever stayed at. On the second night I heard the guest next door snoring, as well as the TV from someone's room.

On a positive note, the breakfast items put out each morning including cereal, juices, coffee, tea, fruit, and random bready (bagels, cake, bread) things, with a toaster available. It was really the best part of the place. The bed was pretty nice as well in terms of comfort. The manager introduced herself to me; she was very pleasant. The place is just old and needs major updating.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Gregs_out_West
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I stayed 3 nights at the Santa Paula Inn and was pleased with the service. The Inn has quite interesting history and there are a variety of rooms to stay in. When I saw that my room was overlooking the car lot next door I was conderned at first however the room was quiet and a good value. Christine Burt checked me in and gave me options on my room.
There are a number of good cafe type restaurants just around the corner including an Irish Pub. The doors to the inn are locked at 8pm however you have the combo to get in from the convenient parking area. Give it a try, it is a nice departure from the standard commercial motels and hotels. And unlike many inns the bed was a very good sleep.

Room Tip: If possible look at different rooms to make your selection.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
The Oaks at Ojai
The Oaks at Ojai
#3 of 5 in Ojai
Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura

Been to Santa Paula Inn? Share your experiences!