Santa Paula Inn
Glen Tavern Inn(Santa Paula)
US$113
US$123
HIExpress.com
US$248
US$211
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have stayed at the Santa Paula Inn B&B for a little over 3 months straight (working out of town). I travel all across the nation and this is definitely one of the friendliest places that I've stayed. I was here with the old owners and now here with the new owners.

I've never had an issue here. During the week, I wake up too early for breakfast, but on the weekends, there is ALWAYS breakfast hot and ready with an arrangement of fruits. They always have my Raisin Bran ready for me devour!

The hotel has an extremely QUIET outside patio with an 8-burner propane BBQ pit ready for use. They are currently in the process of enhancing the foliage.

My room is cleaned EVERY day and always smells nice. Every room has a HDTV in it with cable. The WIFI is flawless. I always have extra toiletries (just in case) and everything is completely sanitary. Compared to the surrounding hotels, this is the most reasonably priced for the quality. I wouldn't recommend anything else!

Thanks for everything, Atul and Peggy. Y'all have done an outstanding job providing me with a comfortable stay, and most importantly, thanks for being my new friends. Keep up the great work, guys!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Joseph K
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This may be the #1 B&B in town but it does not mean much. We spent 2 nights and were welcomed by a friendly housekeeper but things went downhill after that. The room is very small; there are too many pieces of useless furniture in the room as well as inside the bathroom. We did not get any new towels the 2nd day even I put a used roll-up towel on the bench. The maid also did not refill any toiletries items. The most outrageous thing was that this B&B did not serve breakfast to its guests. We skipped breakfast the 1st day because we had to go out early, but were told that breakfast would be served from 8am to 10am every morning. We went down to the breakfast area at 8:15am the 2nd morning but saw no one. We walked back to the front desk, which was supposed to be staffed from 8am to 8pm, but did not see a single soul. We waited 5 more minutes and finally decided to get food somewhere else. When we checked out before 10am, there was still no one at the front desk or the breakfast area. Also, this B&B is located next to a used car dealer and we heard car alarms in the middle of the night both nights… not sure what kind of characters explored an used car lot after midnight??? So, if you still decided to stay here, good luck.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here, find a known brand hotel/motel instead
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanna C
Urmi R, Owner at Santa Paula Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

We apologize for the experience you had on your previous stay on August 8, 2013. We are new owners that took over on August 16, 2013, and rest assured we have made numerous changes. We have a new staff, and we offer Daily complimentary continental breakfast. We also have a new housekeeping staff that gives service Daily. We have updated the rooms with a fresh look. Our new website will be up and running in January 2014. I hope you give us a chance in the future if you are ever in the Santa Paula area.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stay at the Santa Paula Inn every year for the balloon festival. Always have a great time. I, however, also heard that they sold and the manager, Christine is not part of the deal. I hope the new owners read the reviews. It will be a great loss to not have Christine "running" the place.

Room Tip: Room number 3 is very small Room number 7 is large and great
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CLC8444
Reviewed 28 July 2013

great friendly place, we stay here at least once a year, excellent service, sadly I heard they sold, hope Christine was part of the deal. great rooms, you feel welcomed, not like a visitor, and easy to wlk downtown, or the old neighborhoods. these guys got it right

Room Tip: no pool-cal ahead, don't use internet site, it is not them
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mike m
Reviewed 3 July 2013

A wonderful and reasonable place to book for a night or a week. We were in room 6 which has 2 queen size beds and a spacious bathroom. We were directly across from the charming breakfast room which is full of wonderful goodies in the morning. The hostess/manager was attentive to our needs. A couple of things would improve room 6-clean or replace the carpet and fix the leaky shower head.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family