“Truly One of a Kind”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Santa Paula
Los Angeles, California
“Truly One of a Kind”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I could not believe my eyes once I saw the interior. It doesn't feel like an inn or hotel. Very clean and everything looked brand new. It's family owned and operated by the nicest couple ever and they treated me like I was a friend visiting their home! They let me see all the rooms available and apparently they're all unique in some way. I'm trying to come up with an excuse to visit Santa Paula just so I can stay at their hotel again!

Room Tip: Check out their biggest suite, you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sw3rvez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stopped in for the night as we were passing through. This was a great place for our family. We wanted to try a B&B vs the traditional hotel because we have two very young children. This B &B felt just like home - warm and cozy. The room was very clean and quiet. Will definitely stay here again on our way back home.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Roshni P
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I highly recommend this B&B as it is one of the very best. It was my first visit to Santa Paula which is a charming town and perfect getaway. The rooms are enormous - the photos don't do it justice. The beautiful decor and mountain views are amazing. Comfy bed and freshly scented linens. Meticulously cleaned every day. Continental breakfast adds to the already great value. The staff is super friendly and very accommodating. I loved the quiet and tranquil environment. Can't wait to come back again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank R M
San Rafael, California
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My recent stay at the Santa Paula Inn was wonderful. The patio area with the mountain views were amazing. The owners were very helpful and accomodating. The room was quaint, the beds were comfortable and I will definitely come back again. It was a great stop from Southern to Northern California.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JCave2013
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Absolutely wonderful staff and great rooms, clean and best bang for your buck. Feels like your staying at home, best home away from home. I will be there again, the next time I am in the area. Next time I will come bsck with my family. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank lazareth1
Santa Paula, California
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have stayed at the Santa Paula Inn B&B for a little over 3 months straight (working out of town). I travel all across the nation and this is definitely one of the friendliest places that I've stayed. I was here with the old owners and now here with the new owners.

I've never had an issue here. During the week, I wake up too early for breakfast, but on the weekends, there is ALWAYS breakfast hot and ready with an arrangement of fruits. They always have my Raisin Bran ready for me devour!

The hotel has an extremely QUIET outside patio with an 8-burner propane BBQ pit ready for use. They are currently in the process of enhancing the foliage.

My room is cleaned EVERY day and always smells nice. Every room has a HDTV in it with cable. The WIFI is flawless. I always have extra toiletries (just in case) and everything is completely sanitary. Compared to the surrounding hotels, this is the most reasonably priced for the quality. I wouldn't recommend anything else!

Thanks for everything, Atul and Peggy. Y'all have done an outstanding job providing me with a comfortable stay, and most importantly, thanks for being my new friends. Keep up the great work, guys!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Joseph K
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This may be the #1 B&B in town but it does not mean much. We spent 2 nights and were welcomed by a friendly housekeeper but things went downhill after that. The room is very small; there are too many pieces of useless furniture in the room as well as inside the bathroom. We did not get any new towels the 2nd day even I put a used roll-up towel on the bench. The maid also did not refill any toiletries items. The most outrageous thing was that this B&B did not serve breakfast to its guests. We skipped breakfast the 1st day because we had to go out early, but were told that breakfast would be served from 8am to 10am every morning. We went down to the breakfast area at 8:15am the 2nd morning but saw no one. We walked back to the front desk, which was supposed to be staffed from 8am to 8pm, but did not see a single soul. We waited 5 more minutes and finally decided to get food somewhere else. When we checked out before 10am, there was still no one at the front desk or the breakfast area. Also, this B&B is located next to a used car dealer and we heard car alarms in the middle of the night both nights… not sure what kind of characters explored an used car lot after midnight??? So, if you still decided to stay here, good luck.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here, find a known brand hotel/motel instead
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joanna C
Urmi R, Owner at Santa Paula Inn, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
We apologize for the experience you had on your previous stay on August 8, 2013. We are new owners that took over on August 16, 2013, and rest assured we have made numerous changes. We have a new staff, and we offer Daily complimentary continental breakfast. We also have a new housekeeping staff that gives service Daily. We have updated the rooms with a fresh look. Our new website will be up and running in January 2014. I hope you give us a chance in the future if you are ever in the Santa Paula area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Paula
La Quinta Inn Ventura
#14 of 23 in Ventura
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites

Been to Santa Paula Inn? Share your experiences!